Chapter 21:My Calm-Your Safe Place

Justin's POV:

That perfect first date with Kennedy was 2 weeks ago.
You'd think we'd continue in perfect bliss.
But you'd be wrong.
I wanted to control and protect her even more.
She wanted to fight me for her freedom regardless of my fears.
So we'd fight about it, have crazy makeup sex, get along for 1.5 days and then BOOM...the cycle would repeat.
The problem was that it was messing with my head and affecting my training.
Everything took a backseat to my need to keep her safe.
Even my boys were becoming exhausted from their 24/7 watches of the gym and trying to find Asher.
I had moved into the 3rd floor room with her, and barley left her side.
I tried training at the gym, but anytime baby girl entered the room...I'd get distracted.
Joey came at me with some bullshit about going to Jersey for 2 weeks to train at the UFC elite training camp, but I had shut that down immediately.
It was a no family or friends type of place, the type of place where you go to focus.
And I wasn't leaving my girl for fucking anything. Not until Asher was handled, and that motherfucker was M.I.A.
Joey had even gone to Kenny about my need to go away to train, fucking traitor.
So of course she tried to push me out the door, which led to another fight.
That was today.
Kenny, Kelia, and Fredo left after that to go see a movie. I couldn't even fight her about it...she needed space. We both did.
Joey and I tried to train, but my mind was with my girl.

"Look, Biz...you can't keep this up.
You look like complete shit and your grappling has been weak as fuck.
Mendez is nowhere near as talented as you, but he will win...if this is the Bizzle that enters the octagon with him."

Blah.Blah.Fucking Blah.
I could destroy Mendez without even trying.
The kid was subpar at best.
The only reason we were fighting was because we were both good looking, as they say...sex sells.
But Joey would just continue to spout facts and statistics at me if I argued my point with him, so I didn't.

"Whatever" was my only response as I continued to kick the pads attached to his hands. With any luck, maybe I'd knock him on his all knowing ass.

30 minutes later, Charlie came strutting into the room.
He stood in the corner with his arms crossed against his chest and an annoyed look on his face.
Every now and then he'd make a loud ass grumbling sound, just to remind me that he was there. After the 15th time, I had enough.
Anger and irritation were creeping into my veins and I knocked Joey to the ground with a power kick.

"There's Bizzle...bastard finally decided to show up!"  Joey said with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Yeah, well when I got you bitching in my ear about how Mendez would even come close to my caliber and Grandpa fucking annoying me from the corner it's inevitable."

I pulled Joey to his feet, and turned towards Charlie.

"What do you want old man?
Or are you just standing there wishing you weren't washed up and could take me?"

Joey kept looking from me to Charlie with a bit of fear in his eyes, wondering if shit would escalate.
But Charlie just stood there with a smirk on his face, saying nothing. I was pissed...at everyone. Kenny for leaving, Joey for bitching, and Charlie for lurking.

"Cat got your tongue, old man?
Just say whatever you came to say!
Like I don't have enough pressure already! Now I gotta deal with Joey making me feel like shit and you just standing there judging me!
Well you can all go fuck off!"

I stormed out of the room and knocked into Charlie's shoulder as I passed by.
He didn't budge, which pissed me off even more. Stubborn fuck, definitely was my girl's old man.
I took a long hot shower and texted Kenny afterwards.