Chapter 23:The Queen👑The Lioness

Kennedy's POV:

My smile instantly faded as I watched Justin's face turn into tormented rage.
Something wasn't right. My body was so connected to Justin's, that I just knew.
I followed my pretty boy's hazel eyes and turned to find the source of his rage.
Standing 5 rows behind me stood Asher Monti, his sickly sweet smile directed at me as he mouthed the word "mine" to me.
It didn't affect me like it once did, because I wasn't his. I never would be. I belonged to my cocky, overprotective dark Angel.
I belonged to my pretty boy.
This sense of knowing was deep in my bones and for once, Asher's words held no weight in my heart or mind.
But I knew it would affect the lion in the cage. Here's the thing about an alpha male...when threatened they respond.
And when you threaten what they love, they turn lethal. My lion wouldn't stay caged, this I knew.
Justin was over the cage and advancing on Asher before anyone around me could grasp  what was about to happen.
I wasn't going to just stand here and let my King fall into Asher's trap, because that's what this was...a Lion's trap.
I moved as fast as my legs would go and circled around and behind the commotion.
Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Justin had gotten to Asher. The crowd now realizing what was going on, began to stampede away. Like gazelles running from the Lion and his prey. Their minds understanding the danger if they got to close.
I watched as the security guards captured my King, watched as they dragged the Lion away in chains.
Justin's eyes were wild as he searched for mine. I wasn't where he left me.
My only weakness came from knowing that he would think the worst. That he would think that Asher had taken me somehow.
But I had my own bloodlust to satiate.
The Lioness was on the hunt.
I wasn't the weak little lamb anymore.
I slowly advanced on the house cat in front of me.
The video cameras would surely catch my every move, but I couldn't stop myself.
I felt the feral strength of any female whose family was being attacked flow through my veins. Fear and weakness had no place in my body as I leaned into the house cat.
I ran my fingers up his neck as I came up behind him.
His body turning to stone as I pressed into his carotid artery.
I lunged onto his back, and wrapped my arms around his neck.
I leaned into his ear as my left hand yanked his head back and into my chest.
My fingers digging into his scalp, as my other hand pressed further into his neck.
I could feel his skin breaking as his pulse pounded against the pressure.

"You didn't think this through, housecat"
I whispered seductively against his ear.

"Your only goal being to trap the King, you forgot about the Queen".

I pressed in further, cutting off his air supply.

"You don't know this new me, Asher.
My broken pieces have been put back together differently.
Justin didn't fix me, he helped me fix myself.
But nothing can fix you, housecat."

I was done playing with my prey.
His body tried to fight me off, but that's the thing about underestimating a Lioness.
Every animal in the jungle knows that the Lion is King, but they also know that his strength comes from the Queen.
Asher fell forward from the lack of oxygen to his brain.
He was out cold as I pulled myself off of him.
Now I was the one in chains, as the security guards placed the handcuffs around my wrists.
But this time, I wanted to be captured.
My Lion needed his Lioness.

Justin's POV:

I traded one cage for another.
Circling my cell, my rage only grew.
Nobody was telling me shit.
The guards just stood silently, taking in my screams.
I wanted answers.

"If you motherfuckers don't let me out of here soon, I will fucking burn this place to the fucking ground!"

I slammed my hands up against the bars as my body shook with rage.