Chapter 27: Unexpected Drama

Justin's POV:

Hails was deep asleep, snoring away...completely unbothered about our sleeping arrangements.
Probably because it wasn't her ass sticking out of the twin size bottom bunk. Nope, that would be me. I had to keep my arms wrapped around her waist just to keep from falling off this piece of shit, lumpy mattress.
The only good part about this sleeping arrangement was burying my face into my baby girls hair. Damn she smelled so good, like coconut milk and a vanilla bean frappe.
I took a piece of her hair and twisted it in my fingers, letting the ends softly run across my nose. Inhaling her scent, I couldn't help myself and my tongue came out and licked the soft strand...I guess I wanted to see if it tasted as good as it smelled.

"Boy! Get that girl's hair out of your mouth right now!
If she woke up and saw you sucking on her hair like a baby drinking from a bottle, she'd think you'd done lost your mind."

How the fuck hadn't I heard Ms.Opal sneak in, let alone creep her old arthritic knees up to the bed was beyond me.
Not only was she psychic, but now she was a ninja too?
Ms.Opal grabbed my ear and began to tug my ass right off the bed.
For being old, she had the strength of a Vampire or some shit. Her thin, weathered fingers were cold as ice too.
My ass hit the hard ground in two seconds flat. I rolled over and looked up at the little old lady standing in front of me.
She stood there in her ghostly looking nightgown with her arms propped on her artificial hips giving me the evil eye.
Her damn cats had followed her in and were slowly walking circles around me, their stupid tails whacking me in the face...daring me to make a move.
I felt like I was in a fucking horror movie, the kind where the old lady comes for you in the middle of the night.
I looked over to the bottom bunk and saw Hailey was still sound asleep.
I needed her to save me from this nightmare, before the old lady and her cats dragged me away.

"Hails...Hailey....baby wake up!" I whisper yelled in her direction. To afraid to look back towards Ms.Opal.

"Don't you dare wake up that precious child! She can't save you now,boy!"

Ms.Opal leaned down and grabbed my ear again and had me standing on shaking knees before I could blink.
Her damn cats just stood there silently waiting for my next move.

"I told you no hanky panky and yet I find you wrapped around that sweet angel in just your knickers sucking on her hair!
You've got some explaining to do."

I had no time to react, the old lady ninja was pulling me out of the room with ease.
I took one last look at my sleeping girl before I was towed down the rickety stairs and brought into the living room.

"Sit your bottom down on the sofa boy, and don't think about moving.
Gypsy and George will be watching you."

I did as I was told and sat my ass down quick. Ms.Opal vanished out of the room and left her two cats to cage me in.

"Are you even real cats? Hmmm? Or are you the last males to defy the psychic ninja?"

Gypsy and George both tilted their heads up at me, like I knew their secret.

"She's probably going to get her spell book, huh?
Well I hate fucking cats and I'd rather die then join you."

I went to stand up and make a run for Hailey or the door for that matter, but the twin cats weren't having it.
They both hissed in unison as they began to stalk closer towards me.
I sat back down and brought my knees up to my chest, ready to kick a cat if need be.

"I'm sorry! Ok? I was joking! I love cats!
Just stay the fuck away from me!"

They got close to the sofa and then separated. Each walking the opposite way toward the ends of the sofa.
Then with perfect timing, they both jumped up and onto the sofa.
Both facing me and warning me with their beady eyes.