Chapter 29:Bad boys can be Good

Hailey's POV:

Staying mad at Justin is impossible.
I stood on Ms.Opal's front porch with every intention of giving him a piece of my mind.
I wanted him to understand how badly his words had hurt me, but then our eyes connected through the rain and he smiled.
God must have known what a pain in the ass Justin Bieber was going to be, so he created the most beautiful smile and gifted it to my pretty boy as insurance.
Because Justin's smile could crack even the coldest bitches heart. Those dimples and soft full lips were ethereal. When he smiled, it was like gazing upon the most beautiful Angel in God's creation.
So yeah, my plan to be mad at him evaporated with that smile.
But I still stood my ground, he'd have to come to me.
He was trying to run towards me, but was really hobbling and kept losing his balance.
Babying his left ankle, I knew my pretty boy had once again done something stupid to himself.
I giggled, as I imagined it...probably fell into a ditch in a fit of rage.
But then he tripped again and fell face first into a mud puddle, and my heart lurched forward before my mind could reel her back in.
My feet were off the porch and taking me closer to the boy in the yellow raincoat.
I watched his eyes scan the porch for me.
He looked like a lost child left in the rain by himself and my traitorous heart couldn't bear to witness it.
When his hazel eyes finally found mine again, it was game over.
I knew he was already forgiven as I slowly got closer to his presence.
He cupped his hand around my neck, drawing our bodies even closer.
Justin didn't give me time to react before he started confessing his transgressions.
And just like that, my cracked heart was whole.
We could have been standing in Gail force winds, I wouldn't have known.
Because in his arms, with our lips connected...time stood still.
It wasn't until Ms.Opal's headlights and beeping horn approached, that we finally came up for air. Finally realizing that we had been standing in this rainstorm for quite some time.

"Good God children! What in heavens tarnation are you doing still standing out here in the rain?"

Ms.Opal was hot. The look she was giving Justin was enough to make me shrink behind his back for protection.

"We...umm..we...I guess we lost track of time?"  Justin mumbled as his hazel eyes crinkled, giving Ms.Opal his most innocent smile. He leaned back against me, connecting our fingers making sure our connection didn't waver...either that or he was afraid I'd run and leave him alone to face Ms.Opal's steely glare.

"Those dimples may work on Hailey, but I'm not falling for em!
Lost track of time you say?
What happened to our little conversation about not getting sick in the rain, boy?"

Justin looked down at his once white Van's that now were caked in mud, trying to avoid  the question.

"I forgot."

Ms.Opal just shook her head like she was completely exasperated.

"Of course you did.
You'd drown in the ocean if it meant you could be next to Hailey.
But she's not the one wearing a raincoat, you are.
And so help me God, boy...if this Angel gets sick...pulling your ear will feel like child's play!"

I couldn't help but giggle at their obvious connection. I had never seen Justin like this before. Gone was my cocky, hard exterior badboy. Around Ms.Opal, Justin was clearly just a kid.

"Yes Mam. I'm sorry."

Ms.Opal's eyes softened to his honest apology.
It appeared that she wasn't immune to his charms after all.

"Mmmhmmm.
Angel go on and get yourself out of the rain and head straight for the bathroom.
I'll fix you a nice hot bath when I come in.
It will take the chill right out of your bones."