𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

Nick's P.o.v -

- a few weeks later -

A few weeks had past and I had seen Ameera around the field most days. She loved helping out or just being around us guys.

And of course everyone loved her.

Unfortunately she was something I couldn't really get out of my mind.

Truthfully girls never had that kinda affect on me ever. Not in high school or even college. Not really even now.

But something had changed in me when Ameera Garoppolo came to town.

"So what's up with baby Garoppolo??" I questioned looking to Solly.

"Boy are you talking about Mizo?" he responded putting his helmet on and I began doing the same.

"Yea .. I'm talking about Ameera" I answered.

I always sounded unsure of myself to the guys. I was still the rookie after all. I hated hearing it but I had a lot to learn.

"Forest you hear this kid??" Solly stated as all of us lined up.

"No what are you talking about!?" Buckner hissed back clearing getting angry that we were bugging him during his turn of defensive drills.

"He's asking what's up with Mizo!" he answered causing DeForest to laugh uncontrollably.

"It was just a question" I responded lowly.

"No you don't ask those questions just to ask them! You like her don't you" Solly teased shoving me as Arik had now reached the line with us.

"Hey the rook gots his eyes on Mizo!" Buckner called and that's when all the guys on the defensive end began to tease me uncontrollably.

"You have a chance Bosa, she likes white boys!" Arik added as I stood there taking the beating.

"Aw you think she'd really date a block head like you!"

"More like would Jimmy let her date a block head like him"

"You really wanna make your first season bad don't you rook"

"You guys better shut up before Sherman hears and you get Bosa killed -" Dee warned just before we heard a familiar voice.

"Before Sherman hears what!" he asked causing all the guys to stop laughing immediately.

Richard Sherman was our corner back formally known from the Seattle Seahawks.

And one of the scariest guys on our team. Stanford guy so he could out smart any of us meat heads at any given time.

None of the guys answered him still.

"You idiots going to stand there like statues or speak up!?" he hissed clearly wanting some answers.

"Well Bosa asked us about Mizo and we were just telling him that I wouldn't be such a good idea to ask us about her and that he should maybe ask you instead but then we kinda -" Forest answered and was cut off by both Arik and Solly smacking each side of him.

"Sounds like a whole lotta bullshit to me, Bosa come here boy" Sherman demanded. At this moment in time the guys were doing there best to protect me from Richard.

I stood around 6'4 but next to both Deforest and Arik who were 6'7 I gained some kinda cover.

"Oh Rich Bosa isn't here this happened earlier, he went to get his ankle taped" Arik responded quickly causing Richard to laugh uncontrollably.

"I see his damn feet right there! Nicholas come here" he hissed causing both of them to part.

"Richard" I sighed lowly looking down at my feet.

"What do you want to know about Ameera?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"I just asked what was up with her that's all" I answered truthfully as the rest of the guys went on with their drills.

"You think you can fool me Bosa?" he questioned still waiting for a real answer from me.

"She's pretty man that's all" I added causing him to laugh uncontrollably.

"You told me to be honest with you!" I testified as he continued to laugh hysterically.

"Common Sherman don't do this to me right now!!" I argued making clear I was getting angry with him.

"Relax small bear!" he teased patting my shoulder.

"Just stay away from Mizo, regardless of how pretty you think she is" he admitted now beginning to walk away from me.

"What! wait why?!!" I yelled forcing him to stop in tracks immediately.

"Unless you want Jimmy to make your life a living hell then that's really up to you-" he stopped and the proceeded to talk again not allowing me to get a word in.

"Especially with your kinda track record, I'd think twice Bosa" he reminded me.

I stood there not responding to him in any way.

How could have he possibly known about Ohio. I was far away from that place.

I was far from that person. But was I really?

Was he the only one who knew this?

I pushed the horrible memories of Ohio state to the back of my head, making my way to my spot in line.

"What did he tell you?" Solly asked raising his eyebrows at me.

I shook my head at him hesitantly.

"Nothing man" I answered as he then looked at the rest of the guys for answers.

I took one last look at all of them before proceeding to do my drills.

"Suddenly, you ain't so interested anymore huh?" Arik called yanking off his helmet.

I continued to complete my drills as they teased and bantered me.

"Are you guys done!?" I shouted angrily shoving the last patted dummy off to the side.

"Looks like we brought the big bear outa of him" Buckner whined only continuing to make me more mad.

"Come here Bosa we are only messing with you, were happy you got a lil crush on Mizo! she's a good girl" Solly half smiled patting my shoulder.

I pushed his hand away from me and yanked my helmet off immediately.

"I don't have a crush on her, she's not all that anyway" I hissed making my way back to the locker room.

And of course I ran into the last person I wanted to see right now.

Ameera.

"Hey Bosa -" she managed to get out before I accidentally knocked the end of my shoulder pad into her.

"Shit I'm sorry" I apologized shaking my head lightly.

"No it's fine are you okay?" she asked placing her hand on my shoulder.

She was a lot smaller than me and had to look up at me.

I avoided all eye contact with her before nodding my head and proceeding to the locker room.

I slammed my helmet down angrily trying to keep Shermans advice stuck on my mind.

Stay away from Ameera.

And just like that the kid from Ohio was back.