𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹

Ameera's P.o.v -

- a month later -

I hadn't talked to the guy's in a month. Did not attend one practice or game.

I didn't talk to Nick after that night.

I hadn't been home since then either.

I was right. I loved him.

You know it's hard when you love someone.

Especially when you find out they aren't the person they say they are.

My friend Diana from school was nice enough to let me crash on her couch over the course of the last couple weeks.

That's when she found out I was sleeping in my car.

"Hey hon, your phones ringing again" she called causing me to groan.

"Is it Nick again?" I sighed and she shook her head.

"No not this time, uh it says Richard" she stated.

"Oh just let it ring" I yelled back pulling the blankets back over my head.

"He left a voicemail!!" she shouted causing me to get up and walk to where my phone was.

"Ameera Nicole Garoppolo, I know you arent ignoring me right now. So I think it's best you pick up the phone and give me a call back, I'll be waiting" he demanded causing me to groan even louder.

"I say you call him back" she suggested and I had already been calling him.

"Hi mizo" he chuckled and I shook my head.

"What's up Richard?" I questioned and Diana had her head pressed up against the other side of my phone.

"I want to see you? let me take you out to lunch" he sighed.

"I'm not hungry" I responded and he began laughing.

"Ameera knock it off when are you not hungry" he scoffed and I spoke up once again.

"Because I'm just not!" I argued.

"Please just let me see you dammit" he hissed clearly getting impatient with me.

"Alright, but I pick the place I'll send you the location" I stated hanging up before he had even gotten another word in.

I hadn't bothered to change out of my sweats and headed to my favorite hole in the wall cafe.

San Francisco was full of hidden gems, and I hoped to take Nick here one day but at the looks of things who even knew if thats likely.

I had imagined how a lot of things went with Nick in my life.

The thought of those things not even possibly happening anymore truly crushed me.

I had heard over there and already seen Richard was there.

"Thank you for coming and talking to me" he stated and I took my seat across from him.

"You hungry kiddo?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Let me see the eye" he demanded and I pulled off my sunglasses and he winced immediately.

"Got your ass good huh? which one did it?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders softly putting them back on.

"My money's on George, he gots some pointy elbows" I answered causing him to laugh lightly.

"We miss you a lot at the field, I know Nick and uh Jimmy do probably the most" he coughed taking a drink from his cup.

"Okay cut the shit, you know you don't have to do that with me Richard" I scoffed leaning back in my seat.

"I know I'm sorry, I just don't know how you're feeling about everything right now" he sighed waiting for me to respond.

"I mean how am I supposed to feel? The man I love is a supposable rapist, my brother has a girlfriend and a kid nobody even knew about! oh and my best friend confessed his love for me and got mad because I didn't love him back that way and then shamed me for loving a rapist! so you tell me!!" I yelled slamming my hands down.

"I'm sorry I should have known better then to ask you that" he apologized as I now felt the tears escaping my eyes.

"I love him Richard, I really do and I know we shouldn't have hid things and did what we did behind everyone's back but it felt nice not having to worry about anyone's criticism and for that little time it was just me and him and nothing else existed or mattered to me" I explained continuing to cry.

"But is it really true, I know you told him to stay away from me was it because of that?" I questioned not allowing him to get another word in.

"Ameera I'm going to be honest with you, me and the rest of the guys know nothing about the case really because we were told not to talk about it but it's there and you can't just ignore that" he admitted and I shook my head.

"I know him Richard and I know the kind of man he is and I could never-" I managed to get out before he cut me off.

"How long have you guys even been hiding this shit?" he questioned and I looked down at my fingers.

"I don't know like 5 months" I answered and he took another drink from his cup.

"What should I do" I questioned quickly hoping for answers from him.

"If you love him, you have to go after him but if those things are true it shows you the kind of man he is and you gotta decide if that is right for you" he admitted grabbing my hand.

"Thanks Richard" I half smiled getting up.

"Mizo!?" he questioned I was almost already out of the door.

"I gotta go some answers" I stated and he sighed.

"Start coming back to the field, I love you be safe" he sighed watching me exit the cafe immediately.

Before I knew it was driving to Nick's place.

I had gotten there quickly. I let out a light sigh before making my way to his door.

I looked down at my key before knocking on the door. I prayed he answered.

Within a few minutes he had finally answered.

He had been a bit confused to see me himself. He wore dark bags under his eyes and he looked like he was crying.

"Ameera? what are you doing here?" he questioned.

"I need answers Nick, now"