ponytail

"one, two, three, smile!" the cat-eyed girl said with a smile as she clicked her camera. the amount of sunlight increased, exposing more of the other girl's beauty.

"ugh, the sun literally hates me." but no, the sun just wanted to show off her natural beauty.

rosie pulled jennie to a tree then took the camera from her to check the photos jennie took. jennie let her admire herself and wandered around the park with only her eyes.

the day was perfect for couples, families, friends, and animals. enjoyment could be sensed from the park specially with those big smiles on their faces.

jennie was watching two kids playing red hands with ice cream when a weirdly familiar person covered the kids for a second as she walked pass them. jennie's attention diverted to the blonde girl but she could only see her back, her soft blonde hair in a high ponytail.

"do i know her?" jennie unconsciously muttered. she was about to go after her when rosie called out for her attention.

"come on, rubyjane. let's go. we gotta get a present for mark." rosie pulled jennie away, making jennie lose the sight of the girl in a ponytail. she looked around but she really disappeared.

***

"i think he'll love this one." the taller girl said as she finalized with a red hat. she faced jennie who was just watching her pick with a bored look for the whole time. "you think he'll love this?"

"why not pick the blue one?" jennie simply responded. rosie scrunched her nose as she looked at the blue hat with less favor. "blue is his favourite colour."

"ugh fine." rosie surrendered and started walking to the counter to pay.

the girl in a ponytail remained in jennie's head as she tried hard to connect pieces of a certain memory. the ponytail was so familiar. it looked like someone she knows very well but she just couldnt recall who.

"hey, jenjen. you okay? you've been really quiet since we got here." rosie worriedly asked when they finally walked out the store. jennie smiled for assurance as she shook her head nothin. "oh i know what'll cheer you up. come on, we still have time." ice cream time.

**

"thank y'all for coming. this day's a really special day. i was brought to this world but that aint it." mark said when he got everyone's attention. he smiled widely, spreading happiness as the guests smiled as well. "i have a very special announcement, y'all."

jennie took her glass of white wine to take a sip as she waits for him to announce it.

"i'm engaged with the perfect girl I've ever met." he grinned as his fiancée stepped out and clung her arm on his.

jennie nearly choked in shock, making rosie look at her with concern as she held her.

"hey, what the hell?" jennie swallowed her drink and slowly recovered. realization hit her and she looked back on stage to see her.

her heart ached as she saw the girl she missed the most for two years. tears started rolling down her cheeks when she couldnt believe lisa standing there with a big smile and alive.

jennie's wish of her coming back to life did grant but like in films, the twist is that she's in between someone else's arms with a ring around finger.