soulmates

the twigs of the trees were being blown hard by the strong force of wind. leaves started flying freely with the help as well. it was just a nice day with the blue sky and bright blinding sun when the god of the skies suddenly had another wave of sadness.

people were rushing in the city. some didnt have any umbrellas or raincoats so they were in a hurry to leave. they were also upset since their outfits fitted well with the supposed-to-be perfect weather when the dark clouds abruptly appeared, covering the sun's whole presence. unfortunately for jennie, she was one of them.

"ugh, did it really have to rain today? it's my birthday, for fucks sake!" jennie couldnt handle her frustration so she walked away with heavy steps. her friends called her name and ran to follow her.

since they were at an amusement park, jennie decided to enter the haunted house while the watcher wasnt looking.  the haunted house is actually a maze inside so jennie's friends had a difficulty to find their upset friend.

"ugh, why the hell did i choose to walk in this dark ass place?" she muttered as she walked carefully, following the dim red light. she could hear the zombies' grunts so she started taking quick steps.

when jennie reached the end of the red light, she realized that she wasnt near to the exit. she gulped when she knew that she was lost in a maze wherein she couldnt see anything and is surrounded by spooky creatures. with trembling hands, she put them up like how zombies do it and started walking, hoping to touch a wall or something not scary.

"FUCK AAAHHHHHH!"

"ah, fuck. damn lady! i barely touched you! you didnt have to scream your lungs out in my ear! damn." the screaming stopped when jennie heard a normal voice speaking. with slight hesitation, she poked the person in front of her. by feeling the fur around the body, she assumed that the person was a werewolf.

"who the fuck wouldnt scream when you're lost in a dark maze surrounded by freaky creatures?!" jennie exclaimed.

"ah, so you're lost. you followed the red light, didnt you?" without realizing it, jennie's heart calmed down just by hearing the girl's voice.

"yeah, what about it?" she coldly replied.

"hah! what an idiot. you seriously thought that that light would save you? you know that red isnt good right?" jennie glared at the girl even though she couldnt see her face.

"how the fuck would i know? i've never been here!" jennie groaned out of annoyance as she combed her hair back. "ugh, birthdays do suck. in fact, it's worse this year. im getting out of here."

"wait, it's your birthday?" though neither of them could see each other clearly, jennie could feel that she went in front of her to stop her from leaving.

"it's none of your business." jennie attempted to leave but she blocked her way again, making her more pissed. "what the fuck—"

"i'll help you get out of here. i've been working here for a year now, i know the whole place already." jennie's angry bar lessened when she heard her say that. her face brightened but she didnt make it obvious and remained her coldness.

"then lead the way, already." behind the mask, she smiled and started to walk with jennie following behind.

"u-uhm," the wolf girl stopped on her tracks and faced jennie when she suddenly uttered cutely.

"i-i feel like i could lose you any moment. c-can you please hold my hand as you lead the way?" the wolf girl grinned as she gladly lent her hand. jennie held her furry-gloved hand tightly and they continued walking.

they passed by several scary monsters and usually, jennie would scream her lungs out and run away but since her hand's on the wolf girl's, she unknowingly felt safe and not afraid, no matter how scary they looked and sounded.