Welcome to Forks

🧡 Edited-14.06.2020 🧡

I looked around the airport trying to spot a familiar face. Nothing. That was until I heard someone shouting my name.

"Maddie!"

I spun around to see my twin sister, Bella, running towards me, her face plastered with a smile. When she reached me, I enveloped her in a tight hug not wanting to let go. She pulled back and the smile that I had missed was still there. I peered over her shoulder to see my dad, Charlie, walking up to us and he too was smiling. He approached us and I gave him a massive hug also.

"Come on, let's go home," Charlie said. Bella and I linked arms and walked out of the airport.

"I have got so much to tell you," she said in my ear so that Charlie didn't hear. I'm guessing that this has something to do with a boy; call it a hunch.

As we walked up to Charlie's car, Bella looked me up and down. "I have no idea how you do it but I love your outfit."

"Thanks and like I've told you before, I just chuck it on, don't overthink it. The clothes chose the girl, Miss Swan. It's not always clear why-"

"Are you seriously changing a perfectly good Harry Potter quote to a clothes quote?" Bella asked, eyebrows raised.

"Guilty!" I said smirking.

By now we'd reached the car and Bella sat in the back while I sat in the front with Charlie.

"So Maddie, first things first. Are there any boys that I need to start searching for?" Charlie blurted out, looking at me seriously.

"Oh my God, Dad! I've been here for 5 minutes! We are not having the boy talk. And anyways Mom beat you to it a good few years ago" I replied quickly blushing. I am not the type of girl to shy away from boys and that sort of thing. Like, I don't mind talking about them but just not with your Dad. Dad gave me a sideways glance as if to say spill it. "Well, there isn't now but there is a certain dipshit who goes by the name of Danny who is a complete asshole if you ask me. So if you're looking for someone to arrest for being a horrible boyfriend, oh sorry ex-boyfriend, he's your man," I said after realising I wasn't gonna get away with saying nothing.

Charlie just nodded in response. He looked like he was concentrating really hard on something. My guess is that it was about ways to kill the boy who hurt his little girl.

Bella and I just started small talk and she was telling me about the school that I'd be going to with her.

We then pulled into Charlie's driveway and as he grabbed my suitcase from the boot, Bella and I walked behind each carrying a bag.

"I'm gonna warn you now, sis, there hasn't been a new girl at school since I arrived so that means all the boys are going to be all over you and then the girls will be sizing up their competition or trying to be your best friend," Bella warned me.

"Brilliant. Can't wait." I muttered sarcastically.

Charlie led me up to my room, Bella trailing slightly behind. He opened the door to my new room.

The walls were painted a plain white but was decorated with different frames. The bed in the middle was on top of a frame made out of crates and the desk in the corner had a luxurious green plant on it and a small pile of books.

 The bed in the middle was on top of a frame made out of crates and the desk in the corner had a luxurious green plant on it and a small pile of books

Charlie pulled my suitcase into the room then left me to get settled. As soon as he left the room, I dragged Bella to sit on the bed. "Spill."

That's all I had to say for her to know what I was talking about. We may look and act completely differently but she still understood.

Physically, we are different. I have blonde hair and blue eyes and am a little tanned. Bella on the other hand is pale, a brunette and has brown eyes.

"Ok

"Ok. So basically, long story short I have a boyfriend. His name's Edward Cullen and he goes to our school so I can introduce you on Monday."

I squealed in excitement. It's not that I didn't think Bella would have a boyfriend. I'm just surprised she wanted one.

"You do know that as your sister, you need my blessing to date him?" I informed her.

"Technically, I don't need your permission however I do agree that it is important so please like him." Bella said to me, giving me puppy eyes.

"No promises, sis." I smirked.

"I'm gonna go. I promised Edward we'd meet later and well now it's later. So I'll leave you to settle in." Bella gave me a hug before leaving the room shutting the door behind her.

I looked around my room and smiled. I was finally home.

830 words