Killing Me Should Mean Something!

"How did you find me?" I asked the blond vampire.

"It was pretty easy actually. You have a strong scent," James replied, taking another step forward.

"Thanks?" I muttered. If I was going to escape, now would be my only chance to get to Alice and Jasper. "Why do you want me?"

"Isn't it obvious?" James scoffed, before launching into a speech about it. I didn't listen to a word of it as I plucked up the courage to make my move.

While he was distracted with his story telling, I took a small step towards the door. He didn't notice. I took another step, then another and another.

Just as I was about to celebrate my success and run to Alice and Jasper, I felt a cold grasp around my neck.

"Even after all this time you still don't understand, do you? I knew what you were doing the whole time," James smirked, and I could feel him leaning closer to my neck.

Beside me, I felt a small rock and managed to clasp my hand around it. When I was sure that I could save myself, I swung my arm around and hit James in the head with the rock.

As I went to call out to Alice and Jasper, I went flying across the courtyard and into the brick wall. Damn, that hurt!

"There's no point trying to run," James taunted.

"Well, there's no way that I'm going down without a fight," I told him, slowly lifting myself off the ground.

He looked at me and started to laugh. Not the reaction I was hoping for but, oh well. As the humour disappeared from his eyes, he resumed his mission and started to approach me.

"Ali-" I began to shout out, but he got to me first and covered my mouth with his cold, firm hand.

I struggled in his grip, hoping hat they heard my shouts of need. There wasn't any chance for me to run away from him. Maybe I could just distract him until help arrives?

"You must feel proud of yourself right now. You managed to find me within a couple hours. Must be a new record," I stalled my inevitable death.

"Not a record. But I like it this way. It was a challenge. The adrenaline pumping through your veins, do you know how good that feels when you take it from someone?"

"Believe it or not, I have never killed someone before so would have no idea," I answered honestly.

Next thing I knew, he was in front of me again, a hand around my throat.

"You know, I've never met a tracker before. You must be quite the showman," I guessed.

"Thank you. It's always nice to be appreciated," James replied.

"And you're just going to kill me here? That's kind of disappointing," I continued to stall.

His grip tightened for a minute before he let go and took a step back, allowing me to breathe.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"After all he buildup-you tracking me down, outsmarting Edward and the others-killing me here just doesn't show a lot of..."

"Flair? Hmm? Style? Panache? Hmm? Go on, girl. Spit it out. I can take it," James encouraged, smashing a vase, hopefully alerting Alice and Jasper.

"I am Maddie Swan."

"I'm aware," he interrupted.

"I am the girlfriend of Edward Cullen. I am part of the Cullen Clan and am a part of their family. Killing me should mean something! And you're telling me that no one's going to be here to see it?" I exclaimed, raising my voice.

Of course I was lying. I didn't want people to watch me die but at least this way he would think I was just being...passionate and not alerting Alice and Jasper.

"You're saying I need an audience? Oh, look, I know you're just trying to buy time so you can escape. But your point is still valid. How about we go on a little trip?" James smirked, getting up in my face.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I smirked back.

"And why's that?" He asked.

"Because we will tear you to pieces," Jasper announces from the door.

James took a step back and looked over at Alice and Jasper, who were walking over to us.

Rather than looking afraid of the two approaching vampires, James chuckled to himself before turning to me.

"Well, it looks like you got your audience."