Saviours and Panic Attacks

*Trigger Warning of assault ❌ I will put a cross where it ends

As the 4 men continued to close in on me, I started to freak out. My heart started to beat way too fast for my liking and I started to sweat profusely and my hands became clammy. Oh God, what am I gonna do. I tried to think of something to do, to defend myself. Nothing came to mind. There were no objects around me to defend myself with. All I had was my courage but the funny thing is when you have a panic attack, that little word vanishes from your vocabulary.

"Ah, would you look at that, she's nervous," one of the men jeered.

Rounds of laughter and jokes continued to echo down the alley way.

Vision becoming blurred from the salty tears that threatened to fall, I reached out for the wall for support.

"Oh my God this in not happening. Not now. Anytime but now," I muttered to myself realising that I was having not just a normal panic attack. But the worst sort that I could think of. Your senses are completely numbed, your mind is blank, your defence is low.

I haven't had one like this since I was 13 and had humiliated myself in front of the entire school. I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

I was standing in front of the entire school singing a song as part of our school performance. As I reached the high note, that I was yet to reach in rehearsal, I freaked and ended up throwing up in front of the school. People laughed; even some of the teachers. I remember running off the stage crying before pausing against a wall and breaking down.

Reality hit me like a ton of bricks as I realised that I was now backed up against the cold, wet wall, the men still moving ever closer. There was no way out of this. The closest of the men reached our and grabbed me. I wanted to move, I wanted to scream for help but I couldn't. He started touching me and I couldn't get him off. I felt more hands reach for me and start tugging at my jumper, skirt and one hand even pulled at my hair making me whimper and the men laugh even louder.

Just when I'd started to lose hope, I saw the reflection of headlights coming towards us. The men didn't seem to notice until one of the men was flung against the opposite wall.

"What the hell!?" The closest man yelled.

A new figure came forward with clenched fists, radiating anger.

If that wasn't enough to scare them away, I don't what is. Luckily, they all started to back away and I thought about running but I didn't, I just collapsed down the wall to the floor. My jumper was lopsided on my shoulder as the men had attempted to take it off. My skirt was higher up on my waist than it had been before and my hair was stuck to the back of my sweaty necks and it weren't stuck there, it was sticking up all over the place.

❌❌❌

"Maddie? I'm going to need you to focus on your breathing," the mystery man said.

I couldn't see who it was but I recognised his voice. I felt safe at last. Like he asked me to, I began to breath as steadily as I could and tried to keep my shaking hands still. When is calmed down a bit, I looked up to see who my 'saviour' was.

I could only distinguish one feature on his face. He had golden eyes that were spotted with dark patches filled with anger and desire? But that was enough for me to know who it was.

"E-e-d-ward?" I managed to whisper with my hoarse voice.

"It's ok, darling. You're safe now," he said crouching down next to me.

I was overwhelmed with emotions. I didn't know what to do.

"Come on, give me your hand," Edward said gently.

Slowly, I placed my shaking hand in Edwards cold one. Despite the coolness of it, it calmed me knowing that I was safe and that he wouldn't let anything happen to me. He raised me to my feet and made sure I was steady before guiding me to his car that still had the engine running.

I got into the passenger seat and just sat there staring out the windshield. Sensing that I was still in shock, Edward done up my seatbelt, closed the door and was soon sitting in the drivers seat.

He began to drive around the corner, glancing at me every now and then.

"Are you ok?" He asked cautiously.

"I don't know," I muttered.

"I should go back there and ripe those bastards heads off," he muttered more to himself than me.

Despite the fact that I was still in shock, that brought me back to reality.

"No, no you shouldn't. I wouldn't want you getting in trouble for me"

"Yeah well, some people are worth the risk."

When he said that I looked at him to see him looking at me. I could just stare in his eyes forever. They were so beautiful. But no I can't. He is Bellas boyfriend.

I turned back to the road and stared ahead, afraid of what I would see if I carried on looking at those beautiful eyes.

The rest of the drive back to Forks was silent. It wasn't uncomfortable though. It was just silent.

"Wait! Where are we going?" I asked Edward as we drove down the wrong road.

"We're going back to mine. Bella is waiting there. She's worried, you know?" He said without taking his eyes off the road.

"That's what sisters are for. I don't know what I'd do if anything bad happened to her. She's always been there for me even when we've argued or been a bitch to one another, we would always go back to each other."

Edward just nodded.

We continued to drive in silence until we pulled into one of the longest driveways I'd ever seen.