Visit from the squad

Later that day, I was just laying in the hospital bed dozing in and out of sleep when I heard the door open. I presumed it was just one of the Cullens so I didn't bother looking up.

"For Gods sake, Maddie. We could be murderers for all you know and all you're doing is laying there," a voice from my past said.

I quickly sat up making my head ring. "Shit, I shouldn't have sat up so quick," I muttered before turning my attention to the intruders.

My two best friends from back at Phoenix stood at the end of my bed, smiling with baskets in their hands.

One of my best friends Samantha has ginger hair and is the sporty one out of all of us.

She plays volleyball, football and does swimming twice a week.

My other bestie, Alexandra was the geek of the group. She's the gamer girl of us who dyes her hair a lot. And this time it looked as though she's gone for purple.

She can hack into basically anything and must spend at least 10 hours a day on her games

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Well, we may have had a phone call from Charlie saying you were in hospital," Samantha began.

"So, we thought we'd bring you a gift and see how you were," Alexandra finished.

"Well, I feel honoured that you took time out of your busy sporty and gamey lives to come and see me but I feel bad that you came the whole way from Phoenix," I said smiling as they came over to my left.

"What are best friends for?" Sam said.

We all shared a group hug before Alex pulled away.

"I'm guessing you want to know why I'm in here," I stated.

"Don't worry, we figured you may not want to talk about it so we asked Charlie. He said he'd let you tell us but from the sound of his voice on the phone, he was pissed which means that this had something to do with you-know-who," Alex said.