Redemption

My music was blaring through the walls as I attempted to revise for a last minute test that I had tomorrow. I was just finishing off homeostasis, when my bedroom door burst open.

"I know, I know. I'll turn my music down," I said to Bella but became confused as she joined me sitting on my bed.

"You were right, I need to choose. I have chosen. I'm going to give it another go with Edward. You're right it is probably just because he loves and I was probably making him a bit paranoid by always talking to Jacob but I'm gonna stick with Edward." She sat there smiling as though she expected me to congratulate her.

"That's great Bells, now all you need to do is make sure Jacob understands that you are Edwards girlfriend and to stop flirting with you," I said seriously.

"Already done it. I must say he wasn't very happy at all but I think I've made the right choice."

"I do too." I'm not gonna lie I felt a-bit jealous that Bella was getting all the attention and that she was taking both of these men for granted. "As happy as I am that you chose, would you mind leaving so I can get ready for bed, I have a test tomorrow."

"Right, okay," Bella said leaving the room.

I got into my favourite pyjamas and ran a hairbrush through my hair.

As I climbed back into bed, I felt a breeze enter my room and then I saw that my window was wide open

As I climbed back into bed, I felt a breeze enter my room and then I saw that my window was wide open. I climbed out of bed to shut it when I heard a door slam shut downstairs! What the hell is going on?

I managed to force my window shut so I crept towards the door.

"Bella!" I yelled down the corridor.

No response.

"Bella!" I tried again.

Still nothing.

"Oh my God, oh my God," I muttered to myself as I grabbed the closest thing to me. A book! Are you kidding me. Oh well.

I crept down the hallway and down the stairs I stopped at the bottom to look around my surroundings.

What was it dad used to say? Stay silent. Stay alert. Stay-

"Ahhhh!!" I screamed as someone touched my arm.

"Woah, woah, woah! Maddie! It's just me!"

"Edward?" In the darkness I could see his golden honey eyes staring back at me. "What the hell is wrong with you? You do not break into someone's house then scare the shit out of the residents house!"

"I'm sorry but first things first I didn't break in,"he said looking me deep in the eyes.

"Then how did you get in?" I was not putting my guard down that quickly.

"I let him in," a voice came from the kitchen.

"Bella! You could have told me beforehand!"

"I'm sorry I didn't know you'd go all freaky outy. Maddie."

"Yeah?"

"You may want to look at what you're wearing."

I looked down and realised I was still in my pyjamas (which don't exactly leave much for the imagination, if you know what I mean).

"Right, yes I will be going now."

I sprinted back up the stairs and shut the door. I leant against it and slowly slid down it. I can't believe my sisters boyfriend just saw me in my pyjamas like that. I put my face in my hands and ran a hand through my hair.

I hope he forgets about that by school tomorrow.