Hanging With "Friends"

🧡 Edited- -20.06.2020 🧡

"So a bunch of us are going to town to go shopping and we were wondering if you wanted to come with us," a girl called Jessica asked.

"Erm...yeah sure," I answered.

I followed her and some others to their car and got in the back seat.

We drove all the way to Port Angeles and parked just outside the shopping centre. It was me, Jessica, Angela and a girl called Liz.

Firstly we went to Macy's where I tried on loads of outfits and finally decided on one.

The others also brought some clothes so they waited for me outside while I payed.

Just as I finished paying, I went to leave the shop when I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry," the mystery man muttered.

"No, it's fine-Jamie?" I asked.

I thought I recognised him from somewhere till I realised he was my childhood sweetheart that Charlie never knew about.

"Oh my God. Maddie?" He replied. "Hey! You look amazing. Phoenix treated you well I see."

"Yeah it's great there, really hot though. How've you been? It's been forever since I last saw you."

"Yeah, not too bad. Just came back for a few weeks to see my grandma as she's not feeling too good."

"Oh. That's not good, well give her my best."

"Will do," he said, smiling showing his cute little dimples that I'd loved all those years ago. "So what you doing back here?"

"Oh, well Bella moved here a year ago and liked it so I thought I should join her for a bit also so I can see my Dad."

"So how long you planning on staying?"

"I don't know yet, I haven't really decided."

"Maddie, you coming?" Jess called.

"Yeah now coming!" I called back. "Duty calls. It was nice seeing you Jamie."

"You too."

I walked out the shop and joined the others. Next we decided to go to Starbucks and get a drink. I had a caramel Frappuccino and the others had either a coffee or tea. We sat there for about half hour just talking.

In that time, we spoke about which boys to avoid at our school, Edward, which girls to not piss off, Edward, the teachers, Edward, classes oh, and did I mention Edward. Man, these girls have got an obsession with him.

After our little gossiping session (mainly about Edward) we decided to split off so Angela and I went to the bookstore and the others went to find some more clothes.

The bookstore was in a fairly deserted place behind a dodgy looking alleyway. But we still went down it. The things you do for books, eh?
While Angela looked in the sciencey section, I made my way over to the fantasy section. I've always loved fantasy and everything about it. I searched through the rows for a bit before I found one that looked pretty good. So I picked it up and went over to the counter.

After I payed I looked around the shop to try and find Angela. Three minutes later I still hadn't found her.

"Excuse me?" I asked the shop worker. "You haven't happened to see my friend have you? Dark hair, glasses, about yay high," I said, while reaching up to show her height.

"Erm...yeah. She left about five minutes ago. Sorry," he replied.

"Oh, no that's fine. Thank you."

I can't believe her. She just left me and in the middle of no where. I mean it's not like I even knew where I was to be honest. With that new piece of information, I left the shop alone and started to make my way back to the alleyway.

It had gotten quite a bit darker since I'd entered the shop and colder. I pulled my jumper tighter around me and tugged my skirt down to cover a bit more of my bare legs. Then it hit me. How the hell was I gonna get home? They were my ride. As I continued to walk, I realised, I actually had no idea where I was; I must have taken the wrong alley. Honestly, could this night get any worse?

As I was about to find out, yes, yes it could get worse, a whole lot worse.

"You look lost, love. Need some help?" A greasy voice echoed through the alley. It sent shivers down my spine but not the good kind (if you know what I mean).

"No I'm fine, thank you," I replied, trying to remain calm and polite even though inside I was literally shitting myself.

I went to turn away until I saw the silhouette of another three men coming from the other direction. All of them, even in the darkness I could see, had creepy smirks on their face as they looked me up and down very obviously. It was at that moment that I realised something for the second time this evening.

I was trapped.

829 Words