First Day of School

🧡 Edited--17.06.2020 🧡

Golden rays of sun shone across my new room and onto my face. I groaned and rolled over to put my head under my pillow and prevent the sun from reaching my face. I could feel myself dozing off again and had no intention of stopping it.

"Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty!" My sister said, as she pulled the duvet off of me. "Time to get up and get ready for school."

Ugh! School, really already? I groaned to let Bella know I was up. Feeling like she'd accomplished something incredible Bella left the room and I rolled out of bed. I got up and made my way to my bathroom to choose my outfit.

  I got up and made my way to my bathroom to choose my outfit

Once I was happy with my outfit, I made my way downstairs.

"Good morning. You look nice, darling," Dad said while reading his news paper.

"Thanks," I muttered, making my way over to make a coffee.

"You ready bb?" Bella asked, as she walked in wearing her classic outfit.

"What's bb?" I asked confused.

"Boy bait. You know, seeing as you're the new girl and everything," Bella said, clearly proud of herself.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I muttered the answer to her first question.

20 minutes later, Bella and I were on our way to the local school. As we pulled up no one gave us a second glance. That was until I got out.

Bella was right. I'd only just stepped out and I could feel a lot of eyes on me. Noticing my hesitance, Bella linked our arms and we both made our ways to the office to get my timetable.

Lucky for me, Bella and I had nearly all the same lessons but I still had music and art by myself. We had English literature first so bells dragged me along to the classroom.

When we entered the room everyone went silent. I raised my chin and strutted over to our teacher and handed her my schedule. There was only one spare space at the back next to a boy with a blonde perm and dark blue eyes. I made my way over and sat down while getting my things out.