Backstory

Luda May loves to watch TV when all the house work is done. After long day trying to lure unexpecting victims to Hoyt's traps she likes to relax with uncle Monty. She invites Thomas to come with them while Hoyt is out. It's also a time when Thomas can relax before Hoyt comes back to yell at him for not doing his job. There was this one show which Luda May loves. It tells a story about a city girl who moves to a farm where she has to take care of the animals but in the meantime she also has to deal with drama and her other job as a model. Thomas doesn't really like to watch these types of shows but the reason he watches this show is because he is in love with the actress. The moment he saw her on the TV he knew he was hooked. Hoyt thought it was funny to watch Thomas when he stops to watch the stupid show because of one stupid filly. Hoyt always tells Thomas that he would never have a chance with that kind of woman because they always choose a man that's handsome and not someone like him. Thomas knows this but somewhere in his heart he really wishes that maybe Hoyt is wrong on this one. Luda May in the other hand tells him to believe that someone will think he is good enough to be a husband someday but Thomas is still hesitant about that. Luda May tells him that women like men who work hard like him, but Thomas doesn't know you would think his family practise as a job. He, after all, got fired from his old job and now he kills people for food. Maybe if you ever visited Texas and crossed paths with him, he could show you that he's a hardworking man.

(Y/n) POV

You lived in California but it never felt like home to you. You remembered how you used to visit your dads cousin in Texas almost every summer. You loved the countryside more than the city life. After you had finished filming one more season to your show, you talked with your boss about taking a break for a month. He wasn't happy at first, but you used your puppy dog eyes to convince him to let you get a break. You were so excited and when you went back to you home you immediately started to pack your bags. You knew Texas would be hot in summer so you mostly packed summer clothes like dresses and shorts. After that you packed your pets things. You had one adorable Bernese mountain dog who was always silly. His name was Romeo and you knew he would like to run in the countryside and see a cow or a horse for the first time. Your other pet was a lady bunny named Miss Pop. She wasn't really active and liked to eat and you thought she would like to take a break from city life with you. After all she was a lazy little thing.

After packing everything your car you were ready to go but then you saw Tim, your manager. You huffed and rolled your eyes. He was your manager but you didn't like it how he flirted with you all the time. "(Y/n)! Wait for me!" He yelled. You rolled down your window "Hi Tim! Is something wrong?" You watched him as he came closer. "Yeah everything is okay. I heard that you were taking a break to go to Texas and I thought that I would join you. Is that okay with you?" You really didn't want him to come with you, but you didn't want to be rude to him because of your work. "Sure, you can join me. Just hop in and we'll get going." He put his stuff in the back of your car and then hopped in the front seat next to you. "Thanks! So why are you going to go to Texas from all the places?" You drive though your neighbourhood and looked back one last time before driving away. Your pets were sleeping in the backseat in their cages. You smiled at the sight of them. "There is someone I'm going to hopefully see in Texas. It has been so long since I have seen him." Tim looked at you curiously. "Really? Who might that be?" You could sense the jealousy in his voice. "He's my dads cousin. His name is Hoyt. He's a sheriff in one of the little towns. I haven't heard anything about him so I'm going to go and see if I could find him." Tim chuckled and you rolled your eyes. You just hoped that you would find Hoyt because you really wanted to tell him that you were planning to move there so maybe he could help you with that.