Chapter 7

Thomas' POV

I woke up before the sun even rose up in the horizon, like I usually do. I was used to it already. (Y/n) was still sleeping peacefully in my arms. She feels so warm in my arms. Her skin is so smooth and soft. I was little jealous about it because my skin wasn't like that. Some of it was just rotting away before I could even cut it off. Momma doesn't like when I cut off my skin but sometimes is just bothers me too much. I don't do it as often than before anymore.

I bury my face to her neck and breathe in her scent. It was intoxicating to me. I hug her against my body. She was so small and fragile compared to me so I have to make sure that nothing bad will happen to her ever again. I give a little kiss to her neck and slowly get up from the bed. I lift the blanket on her so she wouldn't be cold for the rest of the night.

I walk downstairs where my uncles and momma were already awake. They were having a conversation together and I started to head over to the basement. I was never included in the conversations because they could make the decisions for me, like that time Uncle Charlie wanted me to start working at the slaughterhouse after I dropped out of school. Or in other words, when Uncle Charlie didn't want to deal with my bullying anymore.

I remember that some of those bullies started to work at the slaughterhouse too and they were teasing me in there too but I didn't care anymore. The pain and anger would be unleashed on the meat. But the owner never wanted to give me credit on my work. When I was about to open the door, I heard footsteps behind me. "There you are boy! Momma wanted you to come in the living room to sit with us." Uncle Charlie said as he turned back around.

I stopped in my tracks and sighed deeply. I turned around to make my way to the living room. I hope that I wasn't in trouble. Momma was sitting on the couch with Uncle Charlie, so I take a seat in the armchair. Miss Pop was sitting on momma's lap and she looked to be happy when momma stroked her fluffy back. Uncle Monty was sitting opposite of me with his dog in his arms and Romeo was laying in the corner on an old rug. I could see that baby Jedidiah was playing with his floppy ears but he didn't seem to be bothered.

I tried to avoid that little boy as best as I could. Uncle Charlie said that the boy was so small compared to me that I would kill him if I used too much force so I leave him be. Romeo keeps his head on his injured leg and he seemed to be little sad. Maybe he was in pain? I should ask momma if she could do something to ease his pain. I should check his injury later when this conversation is over.

Uncle Charlie was huffing in his seat as he was looking at the rabbit. "I'm really angry about that little bitch upstairs." He suddenly says, making the rest of us look at him. I was anxious again. I though we already talked about (Y/n) and came into a conclusion that we would keep her in family. Was he changing his mind right now? What if I did something wrong?

"When you play with fire, you will get burned." Momma said as she turned to look at Uncle Charlie. Momma was right. Uncle Charlie teased (Y/n) and she reacted because of that. He does that all the time with our other victims. He gets up with a huff and walk in front of us to face us all. "That bitch called me a monster momma!" Uncle Charlie raises his voice and momma sends him a glare. "You are so dumb. She reacted when you teased her!" Momma snarls at him.

I look at Uncle Monty, who was thinking of something. "I say we kill her! There is nothin' we can get from her!" Uncle Charlie says and I growl at his words. I was not going to kill her! "Oh shut up boy!" He says to me, venom dripping from his voice and send me an angry glare. "Don't yell at him!" Momma says and I cross my arms across my chest and huff at him. Uncle Charlie shifts his eyes back to momma. "We vote." He says suddenly, making me look at him little confused.