Chapter 14

(Y/n)'s POV

"There you go!" I say happily to Jedidiah. He was one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. Sure there was something wrong with him but he was still cute. I saw feeding him some baby food before supper while giving him some funny faces. He was laughing all the time while I was feeding him. "You have been such a good little boy." I say to him with a wide smile on my face and he claps his hands happily.

I hear light footsteps come to the kitchen where I was with the baby. Instantly I knew that it was Luda May since her footsteps are light like that. "Hi momma. Jedidiah is soon fed so you don't have to worry about that." I say happily to her, while turning around. She was sending me a lovely smile and then she just laughed little. "I think baby Jedidiah likes you. You surely will be a great mother when the time comes." She says happily.

I smile back at her and finish feeding Jedidiah. I lift him to my shoulder and pat his back gently. He lets out a little burp and I'm satisfied with my work. "Let's but you in the living room so you can play for a while." I say to him which makes him laugh and smile widely. I walk over to the living room where Hoyt and Monty were sitting and drinking beer. Thomas was still in the basement so I guess he had important work to do.

I put Jedidiah on the floor where he can play. I give him an old stuffed animal. It was a pig which seemed to be ancient. I guess that it was once Thomas' but now it was this little boy's little toy. "So missy, when we are goin' to expect another kid runnin' around the house?" Monty asked calmly from me. He wasn't as bad as Hoyt so I send him a little smile. "I don't know. We have our hands full with this one." I say to him and Hoyt huffs angrily. "I thought you weren't ready to have a baby." He snaps at me.

I turn to look at him annoyed but then it was my time to huff at him. "I'm not ready." I say to him and get up from the floor. "It's in your blood. You're a woman." He snaps angrily. I shake my head and decide just to go to my room to cool down. "You don't know anything." I say under my breath and run up the stairs. I walk in my room and close the door behind me. Miss Pop was in the room, laying on her side and sleeping without any worried. I smile at her sleeping form. So cute!

I walk over to the window to see that Romeo was laying in a shadow so he could be cool while he was watching over the house. Thomas had to shave his fur short again when it started to grow little too long. I open the window so fresh air would come into the room. I walk back to my bed and lay down on it. I didn't want to stay in the living room if Hoyt was like that. I look at the old ceiling of the room which reminded me from my grandparent's house. Was it still out there somewhere or was it already run down from all the years I haven't visited them?

I close my eyes and decide to rest for a while. How were the things at home right now? I asked for vacation time but I don't know if they kept their word. Has anyone even tried to find Tim or me from anywhere? Or if they even cared that we weren't there at all. I must admit that I really didn't care if I weren't going back to work. I would have loved to work in this little town when it was still alive and not just spend my whole life in the city where people only listened to those who were all the same. Like dad used to do before he moved to the big city.

He never liked to live there but the "love" of his life always wanted to stay in a big city. I don't know why dad always insisted that mom was his love even when they were total opposites. She was never happy about anything she had and she always wanted something more. Even I wasn't enough for her. She wanted a daughter who was like her which I wasn't. I was more like my dad. Someone that understood that people were different. He never asked anything but he said that he had everything he ever wanted when he had me...

The screaming was unbearable. I didn't know why mommy was mad at daddy again. She said something about dad being an idiot. We were going back to home after visiting Hoyt. "I can't believe that you stayed with that thing while I had to go and get the two other weirdos!" Mommy yelled to daddy who was trying to calm her down. "Darlin' just calm down. You didn't have to go too far to get that boy's momma."