Chapter 16

Thomas' POV

I wake up again before (Y/n). She seemed to be so peaceful right now when usually people are terrified of me. I hated that I had to go and watch over her all day but I was afraid that something would happen to her or momma. I would never forgive myself for that if something did happen to both of them. I get carefully up from the bed and sneak towards the door. She was still sleeping by the time I reached it.

I felt horrible that I had to do that to her but maybe Uncle Charlie was right. Anything for the family I guess. I walk downstairs where my uncles were already. "So are you going to watch over them today?" Uncle Charlie asks while he was reading the paper. I nod defeatedly and he just chuckles. "I knew you would come to your senses. Don't take the chainsaw with you." He says as he turns a page of the newspaper.

Momma comes to the living room with a bright smile on her face. "Is (Y/n) still sleeping?" She asks from me and I nod to her. "Poor darlin' is probably tired from yesterday. Jedidiah surely keeps her busy." She says as she looks at the stairs with her hands on her hips. "Let's hope that we'll get another boy in the family now that they have started fuckin' around." Uncle Charlie says behind the paper. I growl at him to make him shut up.

"You don't have to be embarrassed Tommy. It's normal to do that with your wife." Momma says as she gives my shoulder a little pat. I whine to her so they would already drop it. I wasn't going do anything with her if she doesn't want to. I didn't want to scare her away. "I'll go and wake her up." She says and I shake my head quickly. I should go and wake her up so momma wouldn't have to walk back and forth all the time. She smiles at me and then nods. "Fine you go and do that. I'll get the breakfast started." She says as she walks to the kitchen.

Momma shouldn't have to be the only one that was doing things here. Uncle Monty was understandable but Uncle Charlie usually didn't do almost anything in the house. It was unfair but he said that he has to rest his back and I didn't need any rest because I was built to work. I didn't know what he meant by that but I never questioned him. He knew more about things than I did so I should just keep my mouth shut and do whatever he says.

I walk to (Y/n)'s room and look inside. She was still sleeping so I walk over to her and nudge her shoulder gently. She groans and turns her head towards at me. She opens her eyes and smiles at me when she sees me. "Morning Tommy. Did you sleep well?" She asks from me which makes me smile and nod at her. It was such a shame I didn't meet her much earlier than this but I was glad that she was here with me now. And momma loves her as much as I do and I know that Jedidiah loves her too even if he was so young. And I love to watch her when she took care of the little boy.

She sits up and rubs her eyes with a yawn. Her pets were waking up too. I should take Romeo outside soon where he could watch over the house. "What are you going to do today?" She asks happily which brings me out of my thoughts. I just shrug my shoulders. I wasn't going to tell her that I had to watch over her from the shadows all day because Uncle Charlie told me to do it because that was the only way she would be allowed to leave the house with momma. She leans over to my face and gives my masked cheek a kiss. "I'm sure that you'll think something to do while I'm gone. And when I come back we could go for a walk before supper." She says and I nod eagerly to her. I really enjoyed spending time with her.

She giggles as she gets up from the bed and walks over to the wardrobe to get something new to wear. She takes a light blue sundress that had some flowers on it. She had a cute smile on her face as she looks at the dress. "Do you think that I could wear this today?" She asks and I nod at her as I tilt my head. Why wouldn't she wear that? It's going to look beautiful on her. She smiles at me again as she puts the dress on top of the wardrobe and takes the dress she was wearing off of her. My eyes shift to the tattoo she had. It was cute unlike Uncle Charlie's. Momma doesn't like them at all and I remember all the times they fought over them.