Chapter 8

(Y/n)'s POV

I couldn't help but to cry through all day, thinking what is going to happen to me tonight. I was going to marry a man I had only known for a couple of days. I was losing my freedom and I felt like there was a gun to my head. Luda May thought my tears were from happiness but they were everything else but that. I was cleaning the living room when I head footsteps behind me. I turn to look who it was, only to see that Hoyt was looking at me with a smile on his face.

"I guess you are really my kin after tonight." He says, making me feel more awful. He walks over to me and with a quick movement his hand wrapped around my neck, squeezing it tightly. "Listen here missy. My nephew really likes you and I promised them that I wouldn't kill you but that doesn't mean I couldn't hurt you." He says, sadistic smile forming in his face. I put my hands on his, trying to get him off of me but he only squeezes harder, cutting off my air.

"Besides, if you hurt Tommy's feelings, he is going to break every single bone you have and I will personally rip every tooth you have in you mouth and slice off your tongue. So don't test us." He says and let's go of my throat. I cough a couple of time as I rub my neck. "Tonight, you are goin' to do whatever we tell you to or else you are goin' to beg for death yourself." He says with a laugh and I feel fear taking over again, making me shake uncontrollably. He seemed to be pleased from my reaction as he sits in the armchair.

"What you need to do?" He asks and I shake in front of him. I was terrified of him. "What ever you tell me to do." I say quietly, looking down at my feet. New tears were forming in my eyes again. "Good." He said as he took the newspaper from the table next to him. "Brin' me a beer." He says coldly. I nod and walk over to the kitchen. Luda May was cooking supper and she turned to look at me with a little smile. "I know that you are happy darlin' but if you cry all the time, there won't be any tears of happiness left on your weddin'." She says and pats my back.

I only start crying louder and open the fridge, taking a beer out of it. Luda May smiles at me and opens the bottle. "You are so kind to your uncle. You are goin' to be his favorite in no time." She says as she hands me the bottle. I give her a little nod and walk back to the living room. I hand the bottle to Hoyt and he nods. "Thank you so much." He says and takes a sip from the bottle. Suddenly a woman's scream can be heard from basement, but it's drowned but the revving sound of a chainsaw. I suddenly feel sick to my stomach.

"Sorry about that. I found some fresh meat today and Tommy is just doin' his job." He says with a wide smile on his face. I need fresh air. "U-uncle Hoyt. C-can I please go outside?" I say quietly and he hums for a moment and then nods. "Don't run off anywhere. Wouldn't like to hunt you down again." He says and I quickly make my way through the front door. It was so hot outside but I didn't care. I took deep breaths in enjoying the fresh air filling in my lungs. Romeo lifted his head from the porch and got up to walk to me. I sit on the porch and he walks next to me, giving me a lick on my cheek. I cry little more and hug him.

"Oh Romeo. I'm so sorry. I was too selfish." I say to him, giving his back gentle pats. He whines little and then lays down next to me. I pet his head and look at the road and forest line. This was supposed to be my dream. Live in the middle of nowhere without anything to do with people and fame and just enjoy every moment of my life. But now all those dreams seemed to be somewhere else, never to be accomplished. I was stuck here, with this family and if I didn't listen to them, I would have a fate worse than death.

I wipe the remaining tears from my cheeks. Nobody knows where I am, only that I went to Texas. I wonder, will anyone care that I didn't come back? That Tim didn't come back. What I would tell his family if I found a way to escape? That I ate him with my new family. Family of cannibals. I was one of them, even if I didn't know what meat it was. Romeo ate that meat too. I get up from the porch and head back inside, not realizing how long I sat there.