Chapter One 3 Days Earlier

Sunbeam spiraled through pillowed clouds as she inhaled the calming air. Gazing over to her side was Rainbow, Sunbeam's friend who was grinning as brightly as the sun and to her other side, Lightstreak was performing flips through the clouds, causing wisps of clouds to flurry away into the blue sky.

Thank you for this beautiful day. Thought Sunbeam to the Creator.

"How was that, Rainbow?" Called Lightstreak from above with a sly grin. Rolling her eyes, Rainbow answered, "marvelous. You did an excellent job at doing a trick a baby dragonet could do in its sleep."

"Hey now." Started Lightstreak dipping lower, "only special baby dragonets could do that. Not all of them."

"Whatever you say." Rainbow snorted sarcastically shooting a mischievous grin at Sunbeam. Chuckling, Sunbeam hid her face from Lightstreak so he wouldn't see she was making fun of him.

"Alright then Ms. Grouchy.... Sunbeam," started Lightstreak again as he swooped down next to Sunbeam's other side and held his head regally, "what did you think of my trick."

Holding back a snicker, Sunbeam answered kindly, "I think it was great."

"See," Lightstreak stuck out his tongue at Rainbow, "someone appreciates my skills. Thank you, Sunbeam."

She nodded and smiled back. The three friends came upon the Sun building where dragons and dragonets who chose to come, go to the Sun building every seventh day. They then take one hour of their time to be alone with the Creator to talk or thank or ask him about anything. Once they drizzled onto the wooden platform and entered into the translucent entrance that was surrounded by the three "Dragon Teeth" (that was what dragonets called it) that protected and warmed or cooled dragons inside, they departed ways so the friends wouldn't get distracted by each other. In the middle were rows of cloud pillows where dozens of dragons could comfortably sit and think or exchange whispers to each other.  Quietly placing herself on one of the pillows, Sunbeam stared out at the remarkable sky where dragons laxingly floated with the wind currents.

An hour passed by quickly and Sunbeam had been deep in thought the whole time. Finally, she noticed Rainbow and Lightstreak had left from inside the Dragon Teeth, waiting for Sunbeam as they lightly laughed together. Sunbeam had secretly wished that was her and Lightstreak and not Rainbow and Lightstreak. But she turned her focus away from her two companions and muffled her mind back into her thoughts.

Even though, Tornado and Fog are gone... started Sunbeam, thank you for all that I have and all that you've done for us. Thank you that we are safe, and I can live a peaceful life. She thanked the Creator. As she softly, unobtrusively arose from her pillow, she thought about how all this started with Queen Hurricane 3,000 years ago. She had discovered a scavenger den full of books. One had talked about a Creator who made the whole world and something called the Heaven's and how He made every single thing on the earth. It was very interesting. But it was also compelling enough for dragons to believe in the Creator for 3,000 years now.

Coming out of her thoughts, Sunbeam stretched her massive wings-more massive that even SkyWings' span-revealing light grey stars that sprinkled on the folds under her wings and flapped swooped out of the Dragon Teeth...where Queen Puff had been patiently waiting with a guard on the platform. What was she doing here? Her eyes darting around, the Queen's stare pinned onto Sunbeam then to Lightstreak and finally to Rainbow. Regally unfolding herself in a queen-like manner but not in a haughty way, Queen Puff came up to the three dragonets and they dipped their heads politely.

"Hello, Queen Puff." Rainbow extended out her arm and spread her talons as to show the Queen's arrival. 

"Oh, please, don't be so formal around me, you aren't just another one of my 'subjects.'" She grinned brightly.