Chapter Eleven

After a long travel, Sunbeam and the SeaWing guard finally made it to the SeaWing palace. At the sight of Turtle and Tsunami, Sunbeam fiercely paddled up to them and all three embraced in a tight hug.

Behind them, Queen Coral held herself in a regal position as she waited for the reunited friends to finish. A tiny dragonet fiddled with her swishing tail. Once they were done, Sunbeam bowed for Queen Coral and in response, the queen greeted with a curt nod and the small dragonet beamed at Sunbeam with large eyes. Although, the queen's curiosity ceased over her regal form. Because, of course, Sunbeam was a CloudWing after all. The representative of her tribe and a helper for stopping the evilest evil of all evils.

Whoaaaaaa. That's a pretty dragon! The little dragonet thought happily. How little she knew. Poor dragonet.

Sunbeam didn't bother to reach into the mind of the queen or any of the guards. She didn't love reading minds now that she figured out she could do it. Just then, the stabbing realization that she was the next in line for the throne made Sunbeam wince. Also, it reminded her of Treeleaf and she longed for him. She didn't feel this with Visionslayer though. He...bothered Sunbeam for some reason.

However, she did not want Lightstreak. Sunbeam was too furious at her two friends and her tribe. It wasn't because they were lazy...it was because they were too frightened to leave their home and risk their lives.

It made sense, though.

The guard that had led Sunbeam to the palace now motioned her to follow him along with the queen, her daughter attached to the queen, and Tsunami and Turtle.

They all swam to the Summer Palace where Sunbeam could talk, since she didn't have the glowing markings on her to communicate.

As all of the dragons emerged from the water, they flew to the queen's private platform to conversate. They all settled quickly, eager to start.

"My Queen," started Sunbeam, "I know you have been expecting me, but I must ask right now, I need your help."

"And why is that?" She breathed, rearranging the pearl necklaces on her neck. "Is my palace not important enough for you to save first?" She questioned cooly. At that, Tsunami cast her mother a warning glance then wrapped her tail around her little sister.

"No, my queen, it's just that yours may not be my top priority right now. And this is why I've called for you."

"I'm so glad you're safe," Turtle blurted, "but when Tsunami and I and the rest of our friends disappeared, Tsunami and I came here. What happened when you were gone? Is your queen the evil?" Turtle panicked.

"Thanks, Turtle." Sunbeam faced her friend. "No, my queen isn't the evil like I thought she was. And I'll explain everything from the start. And it will also answer your question, Queen Coral." Sunbeam nodded at Coral's annoyed expression. But curiosity weaved in.

"I was coming down from my home. I knew all of you were on your way—or, already at the RainWing Village. So, I knew I'd meet you there. But when I arrived, all of you were gone and the Village was in pieces. Only Glory, out of the two tribes of NightWings and RainWings had survived-no not survived-disappeared."

"I'm so relieved Glory didn't disappear." Tsunami sighed with relief.

All of them were staring, even the guards, with intenseness filling their eyes. But Queen Coral huffed.

"Our Palace is dealing with the evil right now! It's going to strike a blow at any moment, I can feel it. The RainWing Village can quickly be secured, unlike our massive structures. Although, I am curious about the missing NightWings and RainWings."

"I know, you can tell me what happened....But I healed Queen Glory from her wounds that she had when I found her and we made our way to the SandWing Kingdom where we found Queen Thorn and Qibli."

"He's safe? Oh thank the moons." Turtle sighed.

"Well..." Sunbeam stiffened, "this is the shocking part."

Everybody leaned in.

"When Glory and I arrived at the Kingdom... there were no dragons there except for Qibli, Queen Thorn and a dragon named Cactus."

"That's shocking yes, but not anything new from what you said." The queen said.

Sunbeam was flummoxed at her. How could she act this selfish? THREE tribes just VANISHED into THIN AIR!

"Yes but...also there was no kingdom. The whole SandWing Palace had sunken into this one enormous hole that gulped down the whole section of the SandWings."

That shut Queen Coral up.

"And Turtle...I think Qibli is fine but...when Glory and I went down there and reunited with Thorn, Qibli and Cactus, we noticed there were tunnels that were encarved at the bottom. So, we decided to go in groups and explore them. The creepiest dragon that was like made out of smoke and had red eyes attacked us in the tunnel. Qibli got badly injured....I'm sorry." She frowned and gazed sympathetically at Turtle's lifeless eyes.

"But that's why I came. They need food and water and backup."

"Why can't they just fly out?" Asked Tsunami.

"Glory and I can. But Thorn just explained that there was like a barrier in the hole that blocked them from escaping. So, the only way out was through the tunnels. But after what happened with Qibli, they didn't want to go in them again without backup."

"Well then let's go!" Tsunami flared up, not wanting to waste any time.

"Wait." Coral stopped her daughter. "Before you go with Sunbeam, I need to show you, Sunbeam, why we needed you here."

"Alright, but please, make it quick, I don't want my friends to be waiting for too long."

Coral grunted unhappily and paced her paddle evenly.

"MOTHER." Tsunami growled. "Stop being an ignorant slug and HURRY UP! Three tribes have vanished from existence as far as we know it and there are dragons who need our help."

Completely ignoring her daughter, Coral asked the guard paddling next to her, "is my dear daughter Anemone safe at Jade Mountain?"

"Yes, your highness. She is accompanied with Pike at all times."

"Good." She nodded approvingly.

"Is Jade Mountain Academy safe?"

"Pyke has been reporting yes, so far."

Sunbeam took note of that. Jade Mountain hadn't been attacked...yet.

Glancing over at Tsunami's Turtle's and Sunbeam's anxious/annoyed faces, the queen sighed deeply and started, "alright, alright. I will send a squadron of SeaWing guards and Tsunami and Turtle to go help with your friends. But I cannot go, not while my little Auklet is so vulnerable. And I refuse to leave her with anyone else in this kingdom." She paused and grew slightly sympathetic. "I'm sorry, Sunbeam. I want to help you and my fellow queens. I want to stop this evil and just live in peace. And I am truly sorry for what happened with the three tribes...I just am not willing to risk everything. It's just how I run the kingdom."

At that, Sunbeam softened. "Thank you, Queen Coral. I understand. But thank you for being willing to send your squadron."

"Of course, dear. Let's just finish this up and show you the evidence of the evil then you can go with food and water and everyone."

Sunbeam nodded, a flicker of hope shining in her that she could possibly beat the evil. This evidence is what she needed. And then, she could save her friends. There were always happy endings, right?