Chapter Five

Five Hours Later

That night, Moon, Kinkajou and Sunbeam all discussed options about the important things they needed to address. Throughout the whole day, she'd manage to avoid Visionslayer and Treeleaf, as they were always arguing. She didn't know what it was about; something ridiculous she guessed. Qibli had given Sunbeam and Moon a chunk of his Skyfire. 

"I haven't had any visions which is strange." Explained Moon who was pacing around the room. Kinkajou pretended to be hard in thought but really she was admiring Sunbeam's horns. 

"Darstalker's gone, the mind-control plants aren't here anymore the queens are at peace." Moon listed off outloud. 

"THAT'S IT!" Kinkajou leaped up from her bed.

"What?" Moon and Sunbeam gasped in unison as they whipped their heads to Kinkajou. 

"There hasn't been any warfare or anything for a few weeks. That's because they're planning something!"

Sunbeam and Moon glanced at each other, surprised. Kinkajou snorted, "I'm not that dumb. I can figure things out too!" Her scales rippled a wave of fiery red.

"Of course, Kinkajou," started moon, smiling apologetically. "We're just surprised at how quickly that was brought up because it seems like the most reasonable explanation for right now."

"Of course it was!" She smiled, the red being replaced by yellow. Sunbeam's tiny snicker turned into a large yawn. 

"Let's figure out more tomorrow." Suggested Moon.  

"Thanks."

"Oh, do you want the moss bed?" Moon offered. 

"No I'm ok."

"You sure?" Asked Moon again. 

"Yes I'm sure." Smiled Sunbeam reluctantly curling up on the rocky ledge. Her body didn't care how uncomfortable it was, because once Sunbeam closed her eyes, she immediately fell into a deep sleep. 

...

The next morning, Sunbeam woke up earlier than Moon and Kinkajou. Not wanting to disturb them, Sunbeam quietly stepped out of her room and made her way to the art center. To her surprise, Visionslayer had been in there by himself, painting something for what seemed like a long time.

"Goodmorning." Sunbeam smiled sleepily as she popped into the art center. Turning his head sharply around Visionslayer had a stiff face. But it lightened up at the sight of Sunbeam.

"Oh, hey." He smiled back returning his gaze to his painting.

"I didn't know you liked to paint." Mused Sunbeam as she sat at an open canvas. Now Visionslayer had turned his gaze toward Sunbeam and grinned broadly. 

"Yes, I do. I've been painting ever since my...my home exploded. The RainWings provide such beautiful colors and I was inspired by the," he raised his eyes in a sly way and his lips followed, "pulchritudinous surroundings."

Laughing at Visionslayer's face, Sunbeam had nudged him gently in the stomach. Pleased that he made her laugh, Visionslayer got up to his talons and joined in the laugh. Eventually it died down and Sunbeam stared at the painting.

"YOU did THIS? It's incredible!"

"You sound surprised." Visionslayer teased and Sunbeam whacked him with his tail playfully. Gazing at the painting, Sunbeam picked out the exact details of the fruits in a fruit bowl. The exact curve of a banana and the cluster of grapes the the lighting and shadows. Each piece of fruit portrayed it's exact replica that had been resting on a stand right next to Visionslayer.