Chapter Twelve

"This is the evidence? I don't get it." Said sunbeam, confused and muddled at what was in front of her.

"We don't either. We're digging in our research books right now." Explained Queen Coral as the group flapped in the sky, just above the surface of the water. The queen was carrying Auklet.

Overlapping the surface of the water were piles of jellyfish bobbing up and down.

"Jellyfish go in groups, yes, but they don't just stop on top of the water and do nothing." Commented Turtle from the group.

"I'm sorry, I don't know how this is supposed to help as a clue...." Sunbeam scrunched up her snout in confusion.

What is this supposed to mean? Creator, hear me out. Sunbeam pleaded in her head.

You will know the answers when the time is ready. Sunbeam heard a voice that was not hers in her mind. It was a mighty but kind voice and it spoke no louder than a whisper.

Instantly, Sunbeam felt peace blanket around her. She would figure this out with the help of the Creator and her friends. Sunbeam missed the Sun Building and the quietness that hummed serenely through it. But she shoved all her longings to the back of her mind so she could focus.

"Ummm...well let's think. What occurred with jellyfish dating back to three thousand years ago?" Asked Sunbeam pressing her talons in the dips of her eyes.

"Nothing." Said the queen immediately, "everything from three thousand years ago has been recorded to now. No one has written any stories about jellyfish and if they did, I would be the one to write it."

"Write.... Writing on paper. Writing down on paper. Looking down on the paper. Looking down.... Looking down!!!" Sunbeam screamed.

"What?" Said Tsunami and Glory at the same time.

"Look up!" Said Sunbeam. "On the surface of the clouds! There's the clue! The sun is reflecting off the jellyfish and projecting into the clouds."

Everyone whipped there heads up to the clouds and there it was.... There was the clue.

Ice. Is what the clue read.

"THAT is our clue?! That could mean a million things!" Tsunami freaked out.

"You're right...." Started Turtle with a huff, "but I have a guess of who the evil is." He paused for dramatic affect. "The IceWings...."

...

That night, Sunbeam, Glory, Tsunami and Turtle and the guards flew to the sunken SandWing Kingdom. Queen Glory explained what happened to Qibli, Thorn and the SandWing Queen translated to Cactus.

They all ate their portions and slept restless sleeps. In the morning, it was decided that the parties would explore more of the tunnels.

Sidling over to Qibli and Turtle's side, Sunbeam circled down into a ball and closed her eyes, exhaustion taking over her. She felt someone's tail twine around hers and Sunbeam smiled and slid a little closer in the group. They'd find a way out of this. Sunbeam would find Visionslayer and Moon and Kinkajou and their friend Winter...though she wasn't so ready to meet a stuck-up, snotty IceWing. But she didn't have to think about that right now. All that took over her was sleep.

...

In the morning, the dragons woke up and wasted no time. Glory, Tsunami and three guards started their trek down one different tunnel while Sunbeam, Turtle and Qibli and three guards went down another new tunnel. One guard, Queen Thorn and Cactus stayed behind in the middle circle.

Sunbeam pleaded to the Creator that the fog dragon wouldn't come back and attack them. It would be hard to attack it because the dirt, damp tunnels were awkwardly narrow. It could barely fit two dragons or spaciously fit one dragon.

Hours passed and Sunbeam was starting to think that there was no end to this tunnel. She was between a serious, ready-to-fight guard and a hobbling Qibli. Sunbeam would offer to help but there was not much she could do in this tunnel.

"Look! I see something up ahead." Turtle called out from the front of the group. They all hurried their pace.

They came to the opening and they all gasped in shock.