Chapter Nineteen

"WHAT?!" Everybody gasped.

"Clever. She's right and she figured it out." Darkst—Tornado hissed. Whiteout stepped in suddenly and flowed gracefully up to Darkstalker. Their scales ripples into a muted, nice white just like Sunbeam's and all the other CloudWings' scales.

"We have already taken over all the tribes. Pantala and Pyrriah are clutched in our talons and there is nothing you can do."

"Well, you know that since you are a CloudWIng in real life, you'd know what we're capable of. But I've been charging up for the past months and mine will be more powerful than yours."

"Well, as long as I have you here, you can't do it. You're helpless here even with all of your friends."

"Not all of them are trapped." A voice came from behind Whiteout and Darkstalker.

"Rainbow! Lightstreak!" Sunbeam cried in relief.

Tornado and Sunbeam's mother whipped around with a snarl on their face.

"Don't mess with our friend." Growled Lightstreak, standing heroically next to Rainbow who was lashing her tail.

"I never liked you two...." Tornado hissed. 

"We know." Rainbow hissed back. "But then again, we never liked you either. And now you're trying to take control of both continents and every dragon. And we can beat you and you know it. You should've stayed as yourself."

Everyone next to Sunbeam had confused faces. 

By now, Sunbeam was struggling to get out. She had to help her friends.

"Everyone!" Whispered Moonwatcher, "get Sunbeam down with your fire!"

"What about burning her?" Asked Qibli nervously. 

"I have fire proof scales. You can do it." Assured Sunbeam, starting to blow fire on her chains. 

Fog turned around. 

"Trying to escape are we?" Said Fog. She gave a devious smile and marched up to Sunbeam. Staring hard into Sunbeam's eyes, Fog unclicked Sunbeam's chains. Sunbeam shook out her paws and rubbed them. 

Tilting her head, Fog produced an evil smiled. Sunbeam lashed her tail; she couldn't believe she was about to fight her mother that she's barely even met before. 

"Mother...I don't even know who you are. And you don't know who I am. And now we're fighting? Do you even want to do this?"

"Yes, I do want to do all of this." Fog hissed with true passion. "Now stop talking and let's see what you are."

Growling furiously, Sunbeam leaped at Fog, noticing that Lightstreak and Rainbow were fighting Tornado. 

Sunbeam slashed at Fog's face and flared her wings in front of her eyes to distract her. 

Fog snarled as siliva lashed around and she body slammed into Sunbeam, knocking her to the ground. Sunbeam grunted in pain and flared her claws at Fog. Scrambling up to her feet, Sunbeam rammed into Fog and pushed her back and back until Fog and Sunbeam crashed into Tornado. Stomping down against the rough cave floor, Fog leaped back up and charged at Sunbeam. 

The two stumbled and toppled against each other and the ground. Qibli, Kinkajou, Treeleaf and Moon were all trying to get out of their chains and Rainbow and Lightstreak had hobbled back to their talons, ready to fight Darkstalker again. 

Clutching Sunbeam's throat, Fog spread her wings and in an instant, the two shot through the cave ceiling. 

Sunbeam watched with wide eyes and horror as the two went up and up toward the clouds, Sunbeam staring down at where they were with utter shock.