nine: working all night long

it was a really long night for you. having to stay up all night working on different plays that you were somehow in charge of now. you were only an actress but the directors had quit and apparently you were the best they had, so the lazy producers gave the notes and information to you so you could create it all.

you flipped through some pages of the script, trying to fix the writing on all of the characters parts. it wasn't good writing which meant it was up to you, the actress, to fix it all.

you ran a hand messily through your hair, letting out a sigh as your eyes continued to scan over the many useless words that didn't fit into people's characters at all.

you heard the bedroom door open and soon you felt two arms wrap themselves over your shoulders and keep you close to them.

you smiled to yourself, scribbling out a sentence and rewriting it.

"you work a lot," he muttered into your hair.

you nodded softly, continuing to look over the script as you flipped another page.

"can you come spend time with me?" he asked.

you let out a sigh, resting your head in your palm while continuing to stare at the words on the page that seemed to be blurring together.

"i have to finish this, timothée," you said softly. you could feel yourself growing tired. you had been working for so many hours today.

"you're exhausted," he replied back, resting his chin on your head. "i can tell. you're sitting in a slouch. you only do that if you're exhausted."

you didn't say anything but wrote some blocking out to the side of the character's paragraph.

"come on," he muttered. "come be with me for a while and take a little break so your brain can just relax for a few minutes."

you didn't reply for a moment, just enjoying his presence before responding.

"only for a few minutes?" you asked.

"do you want it to be longer?" he asked softly.

you shrugged. "i might."

you couldn't see it but you knew he was smiling as you set your pen down. he let go of you so that you could stand up.

you stretched a little, giving him a sweet smile as you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him close to you. he chuckled softly, holding you close.

"i told you that you needed a break," he muttered, pressing a soft kiss to your cheek. you smiled sleepily, resting your head on his shoulder. "you just need to listen to me more often."

you hummed softly in response, letting out a soft sigh. he ran his hands up your back slightly, only causing a smile to grow on your lips.

"honestly, can we just go to bed?" you asked sweetly. timothée nodded, running his hands to the front of your body before running them up your arms and to your hands as he held onto them tightly.

you looked up at him, the sleepless nights suddenly becoming noticed in the dim lighting of the room.

he pressed a kiss to your forehead, causing you to softly close your eyes. you just wanted him and sleep now.

he grabbed your hand in his, reaching over and turning off the lamp light as he brought you over to the bed. you climbed onto it, laying your head down on the pillow and feeling the sleep begin to overwhelm you.

timothée climbed in beside you, feeling you scoot over next to him and rest your head in the crook of his neck.

he pulled the blankets up to cover you two, feeling your hand search for his afterwards. he gladly gave it to you as you smiled to yourself.

you were so exhausted and this was all you needed.

he was all you needed.