Chapter Nine

Mercedes stuck her head out of her front door. "Marce!"

Marcy looked over from getting on the elevator. She left it and went to her sister. "What?"

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"What I've done every day for the past two weeks; prepping for the tour."

"Well come home early."

"Why?"

Mercedes was thrilled the answer wasn't "no". "So you can have tea with us. We miss you."

"Isn't Lucy missing tea?"

"No. She comes home at three and has tea with me everyday."

"Isn't she a paragon?"

"Stop it!"

"No."

"You're not going to stop?" Mercedes pursed her lips.

"No, I'm not coming to tea. I have too much to do."

"At least have lunch with us." She pleaded.

"Who's us?"

"Me, Lucy and Maddie."

Marcy thought about it. "Where?"

"Sopra's."

Marcy nodded. She liked their food. "Okay. Lunch. Tomorrow."

"Yay!" Mercedes was thrilled until she heard something break in her home. "What did you break, Michael Robin Chang the Fifth?!"

Marcy smirked and left her to deal with the crisis.

M&MC

Mercedes sat up straight as Marcy was led to their table. "You made it!"

"I said I would." Marcy sat down and wrapped her purse on the back of the chair along with her jacket.

"Yeah but you have a habit of blowing people off." Quinn flipped through her menu.

"Fuck you."

Quinn gasped and her eyes widened. Mercedes mirrored her wife. "Marcy?!"

"I'm sorry." Marcy looked really confused. "I just got really angry suddenly."

Quinn pouted. "I started it."

"Stop that, Lucy. You didn't deserve that."

Mercedes smiled. "Yay. We're bonding."

Marcy rolled her eyes. "Where's Maddie?"

"She said she was on her way." Quinn shrugged.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Maddie rushed over and crashed into the last chair. Even barreling into furniture looked elegant for the 5'7 beauty.

"Why are you out of breath?"

"I ran from the parking lot." Maddie had finished her Jeep.

"We wouldn't have started without you." Mercedes reassured her.

"Thanks, Mercy."

A waitress came by with a pitcher of ice water. As she filled their glasses, she told them about the specials and the wine list.

Only Maddie ordered wine seeing as Quinn and Marcy were pregnant and Mercedes was breastfeeding. The trio ordered tea.

Each girl ordered pasta and a salad, indulging since it was hard to eat a full meal sometimes when one had little ones. Maddie was just a growing girl.