Chapter Twenty Seven

"It's time to pack." Marcy said absentmindedly.

Her children looked at her. She didn't seem the same.

Mickey bit the bullet. "Mommy, are you okay?"

Marcy wiped her nose. "I'm fine. Come on. Daddy can clean up and we'll pack for him."

Mal watched her slowly. Something was up with her. "Go upstairs, guys. We'll be up there soon."

Xindi herded the younger children out.

"Is there anything particular you want packed?" Marcy ran over him.

He could tell she didn't want to talk about it but wasn't this how a few years ago went? "Baby,-"

She jumped and backed away. "You probably want your spice turtleneck. I'll go pack it." She ran out like he was a hellhound from Supernatural.

"What's going on?" Ellen was very worried.

Mal's mouth worked. "I don't know. Yet."

M&MC

The Fabangeses arrived in Portugal fresh and ready to party.

They checked into their hotel and split up to go to their rooms. They each unpacked then decided to go find different family members to have fun with.

Marcy just wanted to board. She gathered Jude and Yuria and the trio went snowboarding (or skiing in Yuria's case).

Mal and the boys showed up at the hills to do their own boarding.

"What's up with Marce?" Mike asked Mal.

Mal shrugged. "I don't know but I'm going to find out."

"Something's up with Moppet?" Marc didn't like that.

"She's acting scared. Like when we were twelve."

Marc immediately knew what that mean. "You think someone's messing with her now?"

Mal's eyes widened. He didn't think of that! "I thought maybe the past was getting to her but what if somebody is messing with her?!"

"Mal, calm down." Mike soothed. "We've got to trust that she'd come to us if it's that serious."

"Like she did the first time?" Marc was still hurt over that.

"I'll kill him." Mal was antsy now.

Marc put a hand on his shoulder. "We'll figure out what's going on. And if someone is messing with our girl, he'll be dealt with."

M&MC

The next few days passed in peace. No one fought, there was no screaming or hurt being thrown up in anyone's face.

It was perfect. Just what Marcy needed.

It was now Christmas Eve and the large group was in the great room with servants handing out treats and drinks as other staff called out names for the customary one gift.

Ellen was surprised to hear her name. "I have a gift?"

"Of course." Marcy patted her knee.

Mal went to get it for her then deposited it on her lap. "Open it."

Ellen opened the small box and lifted out a set of car-keys. "Who bought me a car?"

Marcus cleared his throat. "I bought the skeleton. Sweetpea and Jr. have their own cars they built from the tyres up and they can show you."

Ellen burst into tears. "Thank you! You're so nice!"

The others chuckled.

Xhi-Xhi walked over. "Hello all!"