Chapter Fifteen

Marcy pressed Laura's name, her information popping up. She hip-checked her car door as she shouldered her things.

The phone rang twice as she went inside the building before Laura picked up. "Have you talked to her yet?"

"No. I'm just getting home."

"What are you going to tell her?"

Marcy juggled everything to unlock the front door. "The truth."

"Which is...?"

"Laura..."

"I just want to know what's going on! I'm not going to see you until the reunion and that's just a week! It needs to be longer!"

"It's long enough."

"At least I'll see you when you give birth. Then we'll get to visit with the boys."

"I still can't believe Marc is being cool with you seeing Johnny this September let alone letting you be friends at all."

"Letting?"

"Not throwing a major bitch fit every time he remembers." Marcy corrected as she threw dirty clothes in the laundry room.

"He knows I'm happy with him and Johnny just proposed to his girlfriend." Laura sniffed.

Marcy went to the kitchen to make her lunch for the next day. She put Laura on speaker. "Yeah but Mikey's the one who's gonna fight. Johnny and Dom were pretty tame. Aaron and Craig were demanding."

"Those two better behave. Mikey can't afford to go to jail anymore."

"Yeah, that judge was mighty rude about Mikey being on his last strike."

"And so are you. I don't want you to do anything rash because of this Alicia/Ellen thing. Just think clearly. Ask yourself what would I do. Then do it!"

Marcy rolled her eyes as she cut her sandwich into triangles. "Yeah, yeah."

"I'm serious." Laura was quiet for a moment. "Mother thinks you haven't forgiven us-"

"I'm not talking about that, Laura." Marcy began packing things into her lunch-bag.

"I think you should! You hate us!"

"Stop crying." Tears turned Marcy off quicker than affection.

"I'm not crying." Laura sobbed.

"Where are you?"

"In the laundry."

"Where's Marc?"

"I don't know!"

"Laura..."

"In his study."

"Go to him."

That fell on deaf ears. "No."

And Marcy knew it when she said it. She was only buying herself time to shoot off a text. "If Mercy is so upset by this, why is she talking to everyone but me?"

Laura sniffled. "Mother said she said she tried but you left."

"I had work! It's very inconvenient for this to pop up now!"

"It's very inconvenient to learn that your baby sister hates you!" She wailed.

Marcy put her lunch and snacks in the refrigerator before cleaning her space and turning off the lights.

Laura was busy talking to Marc, Marcy could hear. She hoped her brother could get her sister to calm down.

"Moppet?" It was Marc.