Chapter Thirteen

Maddie jumped up and down as she saw her friends walking towards her, screaming. "Guys!"

Both girls screamed back as they spotted her and started running. "Maddie!"

Marcy massaged her temples. She wasn't that way with their sisters, was she?

The trio of teenagers hugged before jumping up and down, still screaming. To be fair, they hadn't seen each other in nine months. Every year since moving to Italy, Sarah and Nancy spent the summer vacation with Maddie.

Marcy clicked her tongue when it became apparent that they would continue screaming. "Hey! Cut that out!"

Sarah ran to Marcy and hugged her. "I missed you, Marcy! Hi, little baby!"

Nancy hugged Marcy as Sarah talked to the mother's stomach. "Hi, Marcy."

"Hey, Nanny." Marcy pinched the sixteen (for a few more weeks) year old's chin.

"Guys!" Maddie hugged them again. "I did your rooms up and we're going to spend the first few days shopping but you get to come to the studio with Marcy and meet her girlfriend-!"

"Wait?" Sarah was confused. "I thought it was Mal's old girlfriend? That's what Mari said."

Marcy raised a brow.

"Oops!" Sarah clapped a hand to her mouth.

"That's alright. One of your best friends don't know how to keep a secret either."

"Hey?!" Maddie whined.

"She could have been talking about me." Nancy pointed out.

"Oh."

"But she was talking about you. I can hold water."

Marcy laughed at Maddie's face. "Man, I love you, kid. Just like Kay."

Nancy beamed. Like Maddie and Sarah, she idolized her big sisters especially Karen.

"You will get to meet Ellen and you'll get to go to the studio with me. Speaking of which, we need to go now. Let's get your bags."

M&MC

Marcy sat down, tired. "How do you like it?"

Sarah looked around the studio in awe. They'd gone to nearly every unrestricted room in the building and was now visiting a studio. "It's so amazing!"

"I'll tell my boss."

Nancy giggled. "Karen says you said you'll help her break into the biz."

"I did. Nobody with that kinda talent should be undiscovered. I don't care if I have to drag her to Italy myself."

Nancy clapped happily. "Thank you so much, Marcy! Karen's been dreaming about singing since what? you guys met? She'd love that."

"Well she is my best friend." Marcy twirled in her chair slowly.

"Besides my sister. Right?" Sarah hoped.

"Calm down, Energizer Bunny. Mari already achieved her dream. She's a great chef."

"I know but she's not famous yet."

"Mar's gonna open her own string of bakeries. I'm going to be her number one investor."

Sarah hugged her tightly. "I wish I had money to give her. She's not even doing anything right now. Just taking care of Bas, Mea and the new baby-"

"What?!" Marcy stared at her sharply. "I was just with her and she ain't have no new baby!"