Chapter Thirty Four

A week after Ellen gave birth, family returned to the villa. Mostly to see Marcy but also to see the newest addition to the family.

Mal had his hands full with his large family but also because Yheng's family wanted to press charges for the "murder" of their son. He had to lawyer up and he was determined to fight it.

He had a lot on his side but most importantly, justice. In the end, the case was dismissed on the grounds of self defense. Yheng's mother cursed and raged and had to be put in jail herself.

To add insult to injury, the Foos had to pay damages totaling $3 billion. That included hospital bills, pain and suffering and therapy costs. Yheng's father was horrified and also needed to be arrested after hearing the verdict.

Mal didn't care about all that. He was just happy to be going home to his family, where when he walked in the bedroom, Marcy gave him the first hug since her capture.

M&MC

Quinn entered the room slowly. She was unsure of her welcome and had been for days. But she needed to do this. For both their sakes...

Marcy turned from helping Ellen breastfeed Yleana. She didn't say anything and her face was blank.

Quinn gulped. "Can we talk privately?"

"No."

Quinn winced. "But I wish to talk with you."

Marcy stared at her for a while before looking at the infant in her mother's arms. "You've got three minutes-"

"Okay." Quinn wouldn't squander it foolishly.

"In here."

"Is she-?"

"No. Ellen stays."

Ellen was wildly uncomfortable. "I can go."

"No, you can't. You're feeding our baby."

Ellen stuck her bottom lip out.

Marcy looked at the blonde. "What do you want?"

"Are you angry with me?" Quinn wanted to know softly.

"Yes. Is that it?"

"No." Quinn choked up. She began bawling.

"You've got two minutes left."

Ellen was horrified but decided to cut her some slack. She was just tortured for days on end.

Quinn swallowed thickly and tried to be coherent. "I'm so sorry! I'm the worst big sister in the world!"

Marcy merely stared.

"I blamed you for Noah but it wasn't your fault!"

Ellen was stupid confused. Who was Noah?

"I just hurt and I had to blame someone! You're so smart and I felt like you should have known how to save him! It wasn't fair! Why did my boyfriend have to die?! The father of my children?!"

Ellen gasped.

Quinn felt it was recrimination. "I'm sorry! I know it was wrong but you wouldn't make me stop so I thought that maybe you deserved it!"

"Quinn?!"

"I'm sorry!" Quinn couldn't stop crying.

"How could you? She couldn't possibly be responsible for your boyfriend's death."

"I know!" Quinn started hiccuping. "I was pregnant and hurt! It was like when I was pregnant with Beth but you didn't yell at me this time! You wouldn't even look at me! I just-! I'm so sorry!"