Chapter Twenty Two

Marcy yawned. Yheng was finalizing the details of the project. The Christmas album was coming out that day and she also finished her album ahead of schedule.

"I am finished." He leaned back in his chair.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She squeezed her fists happily.

He was so caught up in her happiness, in the next moment, he was kissing her. In the next second, she punched him in the face. He held his eye. "You hit me!"

"You're damn right!" She wiped her mouth.

He blinked, his right eye burning, his soul on fire. He reached out to slap her.

She kicked him across the room. "In case you didn't realize, you're fired." She grabbed her things and left him groaning on the floor, bruised and bloody... and excited.

M&MC

Marcy kept her makeup on until she had a good lie ready for why she had an outline of a hand on her cheek. As she got ready for bed, she practiced the simple line until she had it memorized.

Both Ellen and Mal were awake when she walked in and both were instantly upset. "What happened?!"

"It was an accident." She huffed with rolled eyes. "We were doing an intense scene and things got outta hand. Literally. Don't worry about it. It looks worse than it feels."

Mal narrowed his eyes, trying to determine the truth. "Who did it?"

"Nope. I don't want you harassing her." She looked at Ellen.

Who gasped. "I would never!"

Marcy lifted a brow.

The redhead pouted. "I'm sorry."

Marcy climbed in the bed and kissed her gently. "It's okay."

Ellen kissed her back.

Marcy jumped. "Ow!"

Ellen burst into tears.  "I'm so sorry!"

Marcy tried to stop laughing as she swept away the brown eyed girl's tears. "I'm joking. I'm only kidding."

Mal smiled as Ellen growled at her. She was alright. "Come on. We all need sleep."

"Weren't you watching TV?" She sassed.

"Were. You're home now. You can entertain me."

She grinned, feeling loads better than she had all day. "Turn off the lights..."

M&MC

Quinn finished dressing Henry (it was cold in November) and went to sit with him for a moment before she had to go to work.

Her kids ran in, excited. "Mommy!"

She put her finger to her lips.

They hushed themselves. Mike-Mike came up to the rocking chair and peeked into her arms before peering up at her. "Bruda?"

She smiled. "Yeah. This is your baby brother."

"Bruda..."

Cai gave him a dark look.

Quinn tried not to laugh. "What about Cai?"

Mike-Mike blinked. "Twin."

Quinn realized he didn't know Cai was his younger brother, just his twin. "Sweetie, Cai is your little brother, too."

Mike-Mike's brown eyes widened.

"Yeah."

His little mind was blown.

Beth leaned over her mother to see her new little brother. "He looks like Daddy."

"Yes, he does." Quinn pouted.

"But he looks like you, too."

Quinn brightened. I love my babies!

Mercedes walked in with Soleil. "Hey, guys. Whatcha doin?"

"Hank!" Noelle pointed.

"You see Hank?" She knelt in front of her wife and put their youngest daughter in her lap. "Do you see Hank, Sol?"

Soleil shrieked. Henry blinked at her.

Their moms cooed at them.

Mike stood on the outskirts of the room, watching his family warmly. They didn't spend nearly enough time together but he was working on changing that. He didn't want his kids growing up like he did.

So that meant cutting back, working from home, doing things with his kids that had nothing to do with Christmas. And he would.

Right after he let this moment play out.

M&MC

Marcy walked into the studio, late for a meeting with her manager, sure that monster, Yheng had told on her. "What's up, Gianni?"

"I listened to the final cut. It's amazing. We can probably push up the release date." Gianni grinned.

"Is that all?" She was confused.

"What do you mean?" He was suspicious. "Usually when I try to push a release date, you flip out."

"Have you heard from Yheng?"

"Yeah. He gave me the final cut. He raved about working with you. I can't believe you got him to smile. I knew you were magic, girl."

"I- what?!" Yheng didn't tell on her? That meant he was up to something. "Where is he?"

"That's the good news. I talked to Monstea about Foo being your permanent co-producer. You guys worked magic on this album and honestly the Christmas album as well."

She ran a hand through her thick hair. "No."

"What do you mean "no"?"

"What does "no" mean, Gi?"

"You can't say no. The results speak for themselves. I know how prickly you are-"

"Prickly?!"

"There you go. This is why people are afraid to work with you."

She was so mad, she kicked a chair into him.

He fell from his perch and popped up. "I think you need to take a walk."

"Fuck you, Gianni!" She stormed out, looking for Yheng. She found him in a studio by himself, working on someone else's album. "Why are you still here?"

The madman grinned. "You look beautiful today, L'amore."

"I am not your love." She stated clearly. "I am married and I will never be with you."

He just smiled at her.

"You're going to tell Mr. Monstea that you overestimated your abilities and need to seek employment elsewhere or you're going to have a difficult time working a switchboard without fingers."

He stood up and walked over to her. "Hurt me."

No matter how many times she heard it, that sentence made no sense to her. "Go to hell."

He snatched her to him and swooped down to kiss her.

The kiss lasted two seconds as she brought her knee up and aimed for his groin. She balled up her fist and punched him in the throat. "Do not touch me."

He laughed raspily. "Such fire!"

"I will set you on fire. Leave me alone." She slammed out of the room.

All he heard was Chase me. And he intended to.