Chapter Seven: The schemer MAY be sent to the guillotine

In my past life, I had only one boyfriend. We broke up (not really a shocker since he found my hobby of collecting scary mangas and movies creepy) so I never really had imagined a life as someone with a fiance, much less a married woman.

But apparently, this world had a lot in plan for me; none of which are to my liking. Dang it, why couldn't I have gone to some gory world where blood and guts awaited me?

The silence that followed after his proposal was very tense. I made a quick glance at the queen and breathed a sigh of relief as I saw that she and the people around her table were busy with other things. The relief, however, was replaced with realization as I stared back at Matthias who, for some reason, really looked so serious about his distressing manifesto. He kept caressing a lock of my now purple ombre hair and looked at me with a blank face. I mean, seriously, if you were a person who was waiting for a proposal, shouldn't you be more excited or something? Not that I was really planning on accepting his proposal, but come on- Show some emotions! But frankly, my heart rate increased quite a bit as I was taken aback by his proposal.

I breathed once more to calm myself. This child proposing right now would become one of the finest mages there would be, I should be careful with my words.

"I-" My mouth started to speak but of course, like most cliche novels, someone interrupted.

"SHE WOULD NEVER MARRY YOU!"

In an instant, I was dragged away from Matthias. The culprit was none other than Jamie, who looked absolutely furious. Why would he be so mad? Maybe he has a crush on me? Pfft- as if! That would be like pigs having wings and flying. Absolutely impossible.

Matthias kept his blank face as if Jamie's interference made no threat to him. "Why not?"

"B-because, she just w-won't!" Jamie blurted out. His face was really flushed red and my god he was cute. Stop it, you stupid hopeless romantic heart. Shoo! Go away. Let Tomie rule over you.

"Did she say that?"

Jamie paused for a moment and turned to look a me. His purple eyes stared at me as if pleading me to say no to Matthias' proposal. I sighed. What was with this development? We were only eight for heavens' sake.

Clearing my throat, I stepped forward. "I'm afraid I would have to reject your offer."

Matthias tilted his head slightly. Kill me now because I swear to the heavens, he looked so cute. "Why?"

I gave him the sweetest smile I could muster. "Because I do not even know you." And that was an actual fact. If not for my former knowledge from my past life, I would not have known the name of this kid nor of his abilities in magic.

He stared blankly at me and looked as if he was pondering for a moment.

I think he's getting my point-

"Names are not important. I like you. Mum said that I should marry the one I like," he said.

Oh God, his mother had a point but dang it, Matthias took it way too seriously and literally.

"But names are actually important to me," I reasoned out. Jamie profusely nodded as if his life depended on it. "Why would I ever want to marry someone I do not know?"

Matthias sighed- the only sign of emotion (if you can call it that) he showed today. "Well, if it really matters that much," he stood straight and faced me. "My name is Matthias Daimon, the firstborn of Marquess Daimon. There. I said my name. Can we get married now?"

No matter how much of an adult I am inside, this little punk's wearing my patience down real fast. Nevertheless, I still kept my smile. "No."

The little mage frowned (another emotion, yayyy!). "Why?"