Chapter Fifteen: The Schemer's observations

"I don't know," Cedric mumbled. His face obviously conflicted as his hand was clutched near his chest. 

Even if he was such an annoying brat, I still could not help but worry for him. After all, we could still be considered as childhood friends- sort of. "Are you sure? You look . . . awful."

Cedric gave me a stern look before sitting back up straight. "I don't need your concern."

I rolled my eyes. "Gee, someone's being concerned for you and you're acting like such a little brat."

There was no response from him which was very unusual. I faced back in front as I heard Viveca and Jamie's words of concern for the spoiled prince but he still kept his mouth shut. However, I could not care less about him since I still have other problems to deal with. One of the utmost importance is planning how to keep my head on my neck. Seriously, the heroine was already presented with two events and none of them went well. Just how am I going to have her end up with a capture target?

As I was pondering about the perfect scheme, Myron suddenly whispered. 

"Are you uncomfortable with him?" He was pertaining to Matthias who, apparently, was still braiding my hair. "You could change seats with me."

I broke free from my thoughts and glanced at Myron. "It's not that it's uncomfortable. I just find it quite awkward, I guess?"

Matthias must have heard what I said because he spoke up. "I'm making you feel awkward?"

I looked at him. "Well, you are just too close and I think it's not that appropriate for a girl and a boy to be this . . . attached."

"But you hugged Jamie awhile ago," Matthias said.

"That was just a greeting for friends. Besides, it was just a short hug," I explained then realized that something was not quite right with his words. "Wait! How did you know that I hugged Jamie? Were you stalking me?"

Matthias ignored my question and instead focused on the first part of my explanation. "Why didn't I get a hug?"

I was miffed at him. I get that he was the silent yet possessive type but dear heavens, there definitely is something faulty with him. "Matthias, were you stalking me?"

Once again, he ignored my question. "Where is my hug?"

I had to do an internal facepalm as I was trying so hard to not strangle him right then and there. I swear to God that I am this close to committing mass murder because of certain characters in this stupid game. "No hugs for stalkers."

Matthias' face still looked as emotionless as it ever was but when you become friends with him for years, you start to notice the slight cracks of his otherwise unexpressive nature. Right now, his brows were twitching ever so faintly. "I did not stalk you."

"And I am done talking to you," I averted my gaze from him. I looked at Myron and he must have already known what I was about to do. Swiftly, we changed seats so. Sensing that Matthias was about to do some sort of magical shenanigan again, I glared at him. "Try that again and I'll make sure to never talk to you ever."

Begrudgingly, he sat back down. 

I sighed in relief. At least for now, I know that Matthias would not do anything. I'm not as dense as not have even a slight knowledge that Matthias had a crush on me (I don't really know why; glitch nature powers maybe?).  And no, I am not bragging because I swear to god that it is not something worth boasting about. If anything, I am very disappointed about how the heroine failed to catch the interest of the capture targets. Girl, you better up your game for our sake. This head better stay in position six years from now.