Chapter 13

I left the house early in the morning, deciding to run to school to avoid my dad. I really didn't want to start another conversation with him again. The cool morning air was refreshing and it helped to clear my mind.

When I stepped through the doors of the school I knew exactly what I needed to do; get some answers. I wandered the halls trying to find him, the person who would hopefully give me the answers I needed. It felt like I'd searched the entire building and came up empty handed.

I was about to give up and go to class when I finally saw him making his way toward me. I marched straight to him, grabbing his arm and dragging him backwards.

"Hey, what-"

"Shut up and keep walking."

I kept pulling him behind me until we got to the hallway that split off toward the gym. It was deserted at this time. Good. I pulled him into the hallway before letting go.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on?" He asked.

"I'd like to ask you the same thing, buddy. What the hell was that yesterday?"

"I- I-"

"You what?" I asked, my voice rising slightly. I couldn't believe how worked up I was right now, it was driving me crazy. Standing this close to him was driving me crazy right now and I needed to know why. Why all of this happened-what was even happening.

"Well, I kissed you."

"Thanks, Sherlock. I knew that much," I said irritated.

"Right."

"Why?"

"Why did I kiss you?"

I just gave him a blank stare. Yes why he kissed me, what else would I be asking 'why' to?

"I don't know."

The bell rang signaling that we were late for class. I didn't really care though. Jared looked down the hall in the direction we'd come from.

"Right here," I said calling his attention back.

"We're late."

"Yes, yes we are, now you can tell me what the hell is going on here."

Jared sighed and looked me directly in the eyes, his burning into mine.

"Because I couldn't help myself."

I took a small step back. I didn't know what I'd been expecting him to say, but that definitely hadn't been it.

"Is that what you wanted to hear, Electra? I couldn't help myself. I don't know what it is about you, but I haven't been able to get you out of my mind since I first met you. There's something about you that just calls to me and against my better judgment, I kissed you."

"I-" I didn't know what to say to that, I honestly didn't.

"And you know what?" He said continuing in my silence. "I'm not sorry for it. Because even now, even as you frustrate me with your accusatory tone and your glares, I want to do it again."

I felt something inside react to his words, my stomach flipped and heat started to rise inside of me. "No," I whispered. "No, no, no."

I couldn't handle that right now. I couldn't handle the rising feelings inside me I was scared of what they meant, so I did one of the few things I knew how to do. I ran away.

I couldn't stay there, not with the fire burning in his eyes, not with the tension hanging in the air, not with the flames I could feel licking my skin as the blush crept up. I tried to get as far away from Jared as possible, I needed distance.