Chapter 3: My hero!!

I froze in fear. Had my dad found me? Was he going to grab me by the scruff of my neck and carry me home? "What's a poor kitty like you doing out in this storm." A soft voice cooed from above me. Caring hands picked me up and cradled me to their hard chest. Warm hands ran through my soaked through fur, causing purs of content to pour from my mouth. "What are you holding there?" the voice asked, taking the photo frame from my mouth. I panicked, what if he threw it away? Or if he took me back to my dad? My tiny kitten heart hammered against my ribs. I couldn't let that happen. So I did the only thing that I could think of. I transformed.

*Aizawa's POV*

Imagine my surprise when the adorable green kitten I found shivering in the rain transformed into a bruised boy. His huge emerald eyes were blown wide with fear and his snowy skin was littered with purple patches which told a very disturbing story. "Please don't take me back!" he begged, his high voice was filled with fear. "I'll be good, just don't take me back to him!" he began to cry, his tears mingling with the rain which continued to pour down on us. "Hey, kid, what's your name?" I asked gently, crouching down to his height, "My name is Shota Aizawa, but my hero name is Eraserhead.". It seemed that as soon as I mentioned the fact that I was a hero, the kid's head shot up and his eyes shone with awe. "Really!" he squeaked, his eyes wide. I nodded my head and his smile widened before he seemed to remember his sadness. Then his cute little smile slipped from his mouth and tears pricked back up in his eyes. "Don't take me back, please, Mr Eraserhead." he whimpered, eyes squeezed shut. 

My heart ached in sympathy as I watched this boy, who couldn't have been older than 5, cry out in fear. "It's ok kid, I won't take you back. Just tell me your name." I hummed soothingly. "I-Izuku Midoriya. I'm 7." he whispered almost inaudibly. My eyes widened in surprise. The kid was tiny, how was he 7? "Come on kid let's get you out of the rain," I smiled down at him, my voice laced with compassion.  He sniffled slightly and nodded his head causing water to drip from it. I gently picked him up after handing him his photo and began walking towards the police station to report the incident. As I walked, Izuku clinging to me like a koala, the clouds parted, allowing the silver rays of the moonlight to shine down upon us.

"So, you just found him wandering around the streets in the rain?" a police officer asked looking over at Izuku, who was curled up and snoring softly on a chair, I nodded my head in response causing him to write something down. We'd been talking about Izuku for a while now, discussing the circumstances in which he was found and the fact that he was clearly abused and malnourished. A nurse had been called and told us that Izuku had development issues because of his malnourishment and that he had several injuries. His entire body was practically bruised, from his face to his legs. The nurse told us that it seemed as if he hadn't been outside in a very long time. My heart clenched just looking at the poor kid. He'd fallen asleep as dawn broke and fog settled across the road. He looked so peaceful as he slept, his constant look of fear and panic was completely erased from his young features. "What are we going to do about the kid?" the police officer, who I later found out was called Tante, asked, a small frown marring his weathered features. "We could probably send him to an orphanage once we've arrested his dad. By the look of these files, he doesn't have any other relatives, he hasn't mentioned his mother so we can probably assume she's out of the picture. She hasn't been seen for years. She could be holed up in the house like the kid? We'll look into it." he rubbed his dark stubble thoughtfully, mumbling the end as an afterthought, his eyes glazed as he stared off into space, obviously thinking about what was to be done with Izuku.  Looking over at the child, my heart softened, he had clearly been through a lot, even at his young age. I couldn't know the full extent of it but I knew what I wanted to do.

"I'll adopt him." I monotonously said, still looking down at the kid, a fond twinkle in my charcoal eyes. I felt Tante flinch in surprise, clearly, he hadn't expected me to say what I did.  "What? Really?" he questioned, surprised.                                                                                                                                "Of course, it seems to be the most logical course of action. He was on the verge of a panic attack when the nurse was tending to his wounds. The poor boy was absolutely terrified of the man. He seems comfortable about me so it is logical for me to care for him." I replied, my eyes never strayed once from the boy. Just when Tante was about to reply, a muscular green-haired man came stopping through the door. Thinly veiled rage simmering in his eyes. "I'm looking for my son, Izuku Midoriya.".

As soon as Izuku's name left the man's lips I was on guard. This must be the bastard who decided to abuse a young boy. "Why should we give him to you?" I growled lowly, my hands reaching for my capture gear. Seemingly sensing my hostility, Izuku began to stir, yawing tiredly and stretching. As soon as Izuku made a noise, the man's head whipped around to look at him. Everything was still for a second before Izuku began to mutter as the man advanced. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." he repeated the two words over and over again as the man stalked over to him, his face shadowed and his fists clenched. It seemed he had forgotten where he was. "Little bastard. Thinks he can escape! He's in for it." the sea-green haired man mumbled underneath his breath. I'm not sure if he was trying to hide his words, but if he was, he was failing miserably.  

Before the bastard could lay a single finger on the clearly traumatized boy, my capture gear grabbed him, preventing him from advancing further. I signalled to Tante and he nodded. He rushed forward and scooped Izuku up, running back behind the desk to hide Izuku from his 'dad'. "Give me my son!" Hisashi Midoriya roared, straining to escape from my gear. However, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't loosen his bindings or escape. His chest swelled and his throat glowed. He was about to use his quirk. Immediately, my quirk was activated and the son of a bitch's throat returned to its normal pale skin colour. A look of confusion clouded his face, the corner of his lips turned down slightly and his eyes widened slightly. "Wha-" he began to mutter but was swiftly cut off by me knocking him unconscious.   

"Mr Eraserhead..." a tentative voice whispered as I watched Midoriya being taken into custody. I looked down and saw little Izuku clutching my trouser leg, his wide emerald eyes brimming with unshed tears. "T-thank you for... Saving me." he murmured into my leg, his voice slightly muffled. "No problem kid, come on we're going home." I replied in a gentle voice, so very out of character for me. He gasped and looked up at me in surprise as if asking me with his eyes alone whether I was joking. I simply smiled at him before scooping him up and carrying him away from the police station and scene of his father's arrest. Hopefully carrying him towards a better life and bright future.

Hello there. Thank you for reading the third part of my Dadzawa book. This book got reads a lot faster than my others, so thank you for that. Also, Happy Valentine's day. I may be lonely today but I hope your not. Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are.