Chapter 52: Results

Monday morning was nerve-wracking, to say the least. When I woke up that morning, I was instantly on edge. I knew deep inside that I was just overthinking everything. All of my tests in the past had come back with me doing really well, so why shouldn't this one? I was just scared of disappointing my family and friends. The only consolation I had was that I thought that I was gonna earn ¥6534 from my stupid bet with Kacchan. I was sure that he wouldn't be able to beat Iida or Yaomomo in his test. With this slight reassurance, I got ready for the day. Having a shower. Getting dressed. Attempting to drag a brush through my unruly green hair but ultimately failing when my brush snapped in half again. I sighed and threw it into the brush bin. A bin full of only snapped brushed and combs. After checking myself over in the mirror which hung by my door, I picked up my bag and left my bedroom.

Every morning, I knocked on Kacchan and Shoto's doors so that they could walk down to breakfast with me. I was going to knock on Kacchan's door but there was a note on it saying that he'd already gone down to make breakfast, so I instead turned to my boyfriend's door. Before I knocked, I subconsciously ran a hand through my hair and made sure my tie was straight. My knuckles rapped against the hardwood of Shoto's door and I didn't have to wait long before he was at the door his trousers and shirt on but he didn't have his tie. "Hey Izu. I'll be out in a second." Shoto said. I nodded and leaned against the wall next to his door and looked through Instagram. I stopped every other post to save it to one collection or another. I knew I wasn't going to look at them again, but I still saved them. "Ready to go?" Shoto's gentle voice whispered from beside me. I looked up and smiled at him. "Of course!" I cheered. Shoto chuckled gently, making my cheeks warm, and kissed my cheek.  "Is Katuki not joining us today?" Shoto asked as we walked down the corridor to the lift. "No, he's already downstairs. There was a note on his door." I explained, taking my boyfriend's hand into my own. He nodded in understanding as the lift arrived and we got on, making small talk as we descended. 

"Hey Kacchan," I greeted my best friend as we entered the dining hall which had a very good view into the kitchen. "Hey Izu. Hey Icy Hot." Kacchan greeted, briefly looking up from the frying pan. We sat down at the table and spoke about what we felt like the training camp would be like, anything to keep my thoughts away from the exam results. Soon enough, several people began to filter down and join us, greeting us before sitting with their friends. Kacchan finished cooking enough eggs for the class before shouting out for us to collect them. "I'M NOT A FUCKING WAITER! GET YOUR OWN EGGS DIPSHITS!" Kacchan shouted before stomping over with three plates in his hands. "I thought you weren't a waiter." Shoto deadpanned. I laughed as Kacchan and Shoto began to argue playfully. The eggs were delicious, as I had expected, they tasted ever so slightly salty.

Class started normally that day. Dad dragged his feet to the podium just in time for the lesson to start and had Iida and Yaomomo do the register because he was too tired. Once the register was taken, Dad dragged his head up off of his podium and looked around at all of us with tired eyes. It looked like he was getting less sleep than usual. "As you know, today is results day. You will be getting back the scores for all of your academic exams as well as the points for your practical exam. Don't be put out if your exam scores are lower than those around you, you all did quite well." Dad recited. Dad sighed and held up a pile of papers, "Iida and Yaoyorozu will pass out your papers. Once they've done that, you have a free lesson, just don't leave the room." Dad muttered before his head fell onto his podium and he was sound asleep. He really hadn't gotten any sleep.

Iida and Yaomomo went around the classroom, handing out test scores and giving words of congratulations to each person. I started to fiddle with my fingers and tap my foot on the floor to alleviate some of my anxiety. My head swivelled around to every person who exclaimed in excitement at there test results. It was horrible being kept in the dark about how I had done. Finally, Iida stopped next to my desk and handed me my results. "Well done Izuku. It seems as though you have done quite well." Iida gave me now of his rare smiles before moving onto Kacchan who just snatched the paper from Iida's hand and began scanning it. I sighed and hyped myself up to look down at my the paper on my desk.