Chapter 38: Moving In

*Izuku POV*

After the awards ceremony, everybody changed back into their school uniform and headed back to our classroom. I was a little late into class because I had to visit Recovery Girl. She healed the remainder of my injuries which left me very woozy and tired. Recovery Girl told me she wouldn't ordinarily heal me at such a rapid pace but I would need my arms for something which was happening soon. Her words sounded really ominous and I had an uneasy feeling as I walked to my class.

When I opened the door, I saw my classmates chatting amongst themselves. They all seemed to be praising each other for their good efforts in the sports festival. Kacchan was surrounded by the self-proclaimed 'Bakusquad' who were boosting his ego. They were praising his fighting skills whilst mocking his attitude. I could see an irk mark growing on the poor boy's forehead as Kaminari dramatically shouted: "Fight me you bastard!". The whole class chortled at Kaminari except for Kacchan who just stared straight ahead and gritted his teeth. I decided to intervene so that Kacchan didn't blow up his friends (not that he'd ever admitted that they were his friends). "Hey, Kacchan! Well done on placing first." I laughed, placing an arm around his neck and pulling him down to my level so that I could hug him. Kacchan didn't resist my hug, knowing that my arms were in a fragile state. Plus, I had a sneaking suspicion that Kacchan actually enjoyed being hugged by me, though he always brushed off such accusations. "Thanks, Izu. Well done on placing third. You nearly beat that Half and Half bastard." Kacchan laughed. I could only guess he was imagining the look of horror on Todoroki's face when millions of spider's swarmed the arena.  We conversed for a few minutes, Mina and Kirishima occasionally chiming in to make a joke or comment on particularly memorable moments. Soon enough Dad walked in and told us to all get back to our seats.

"First of all, I would like to congratulate all of you on your efforts in the sports festival. It's rare that every person on the podium is from the same class. You will have a 3-day break from school." Dad intoned. Excited looks were thrown around the classroom. We had been working really hard during classes, especially hero classes. I think we all subconsciously took what happened at the USJ and used it as fuel to strive to be the best we could be. "However," when Dad spoke up again, the entire class's heads snapped towards him waiting for him to give us bad news which there would inevitably be. "You won't be using this time to relax. The three days you have off are being used for you to move into your dormitories. You can ask questions after I explain. The first day, I suggest you pack up everything you want from your rooms at home. That includes clothes, decorations and the likes. The second day you will actually be moving into the dorms. A truck will come to your house to pick up you and your belongings. A teacher will be on the truck so that you know that it's from UA. The second and third days will be used to unpack and adjust to the dorms." Shota sounded bored as he recited the information. The entire class looked surprised at this sudden revelation. Mina raised her hand to ask a question. Shota nodded his head in her direction, indicating she could ask her question. "When did you ask our parent's about this? My parents haven't told me anything about this!" Mina asked curiously. Dad shrugged his shoulders and explained that teachers had gone to everybody's houses and all of our legal guardians had signed consent forms. After a few more questions about how much we could bring and how the dorms worked, we were dismissed for the day. 

The first day of our three-day break, I packed up all my hero merchandise and personal belongings into a box. Dad and Papa weren't home because they had to sort some final things out at UA so I was all on my own for the first time in a while. I had to message either Papa or Dad every half an hour to confirm I was safe and if I didn't message for an hour they said they'd video call me. Some people may have found this constricting or annoying, but for me, it was reassuring and made me feel safe. I had nearly packed everything that I wanted to up when I came across the only photo I possessed of my mother. It was the family picture. Two pairs of green eyes alight with joy staring out of the photo. After the USJ incident, I had covered Hisashi's face with a piece of paper so that every time I tried to look at my mum I wouldn't have a panic attack. My mum looked so happy and animated in the picture. So full of life.