Chapter 24: Class President

I'm updating today for two reasons. 1. This story has hit 50k reads which I never thought would happen. Halfway to 100k! 2. I'm bored. I want something interesting to happen so I'll just watch as notifications pop up on my phone. Without further ado let's go!

"How was your first heroics lesson?" Dad asked over dinner that evening. Luckily, Dad was off duty that night, one of the rare times when he wasn't out at the ass crack of dawn saving people from the scum of the night. "It was really cool. I had to fight against Kacchan. I won our fight because he didn't know I had my knives, I didn't cut him, and he was so surprised he let his guard down. I was paired up with Ochako and we won the entire exercise. Mainly because Kacchan didn't communicate very well with Iida, you know how he is." I rambled on about my fight and my classmate's fights, from the look on my dad's face, I could tell I had that light in my eyes that I got when I spoke about quirks and hero fights. "Then I was thinking that I could ask Yaoyorozu about her quirk because it's really interesting and I think that it would be really useful for me to use.". My dad sat and listened to me in silence, all of my friends and family knew not to interrupt my ramblings. When I finally finished talking about the quirks in my class, my dad jumped in before I could continue on my tangent. "It's really good that you're interested in your classmates' quirks, Izuku, but I suggest you don't pester them for information about their quirks, you'll probably freak them out," Shota advised me. I laughed lightly as I went back to eating my food. "Izuku," my dad's tone was more solemn when he spoke again after a couple of minutes. I knew almost instantly what the subject of the conversation would be, and I didn't like it one bit.

"I know you don't want to talk about him, but they think they saw him today near UA." Shota got straight to the point, he was a firm believer in not sugar coating anything. "Some police officers and I investigated and it wasn't actually him, but I just want to remind you to be vigilant. Keep an eye out and don't go out without at least one other person, okay?" he asked. I could hear the worry and fear in my dad's voice. It made sense. I had told him what Hisashi had done to me. I thought I knew the lengths Hisashi would go to just to get me back. I hadn't told anybody why Hisashi wanted me back so much, I was scared to. "I know Dad. I won't let anything bad happen to me, I promise." I reassured my dad with a smile, but I think he could tell how much effort it took to maintain that smile. 

The next day when Kyoka, Kacchan, Ochako and I were walking up to the school gates we saw a huge crowd gathered in front of the gate. " I wonder what they're doing here." Kyoka mumbled as she shrunk in on herself slightly. She wasn't a fan of attention unless she was up on a stage and lost in her music. "I don't know but they're annoying as fuck." Kacchan growled as he powered onwards, shoving through the swarm of reporters and camera people. Kyoka, Ochako and I all stayed close to Kacchan seeing as he was clearing a very effective path through the media buzzards. "Izuku!" Ochako called desperately as she was swept away by the jostling currents. I tried to reach out and grab her but a reporter stepped into my path and began questioning me. "Are you one of All Might's students? Tell me, is he a good teacher? Would you say that he lives up to your standards? What is your name?" it didn't take me long to get overwhelmed by her questions. I realised that none of my friends were with me, even if I was in the middle of a crowd of people, I didn't feel safe without Kacchan Kyoka or at least Ochako within sight. "I-i-i need to g-g-get into school. Um...S-s-sorry. I... I... I need to." I began to hyperventilate at the proximity of the reporters and the fact that Hisashi could very easily snatch me from within the crowd. I was so busy panicking that I didn't even realise somebody had pulled me towards the gate to UA. "It's ok Izu. You're safe here, your dad is coming ok? I'm here Izuku. Hisashi isn't here ok? Nod your head if you can hear me Izuku." Kyoka's hypnotically husky voice whispered gently as she hugged me behind a bush. I nodded my head slowly to confirm that I could hear her. My mind was still filled with scenes of Hisashi snatching me from crowds and demonic reporters baring down at me, asking invasive questions with their silver tounges. "Please head to class Kyoka, I'll take care of him." My dad's voice broke through my haze. A moment after Kyoka's arms left my shoulders, my dad's larger arms replaced them; he squeezed me gently to reassure me that he was there and that he wasn't going to leave. "We're going to go to the staff room now, ok Izuku? Can you please walk for me?" He asked gently, waiting patiently for me to mutely nod my head before taking my arm and guiding me into the school.