Chapter 8:Kacchan

*Izuku's POV*

"Kacchan!" I squealed as Kacchan chased me around the playground. My feet pounded on the coloured concrete of our school's playground, I flew past other children whilst I ran from Kacchan. "I'm gonna catch you Izu-nii!" Kacchan yelled. I simply laughed in reply and continued to run, evading Kacchan's outstretched hand. The game we were playing was going to last a long time.

"Can you come to my house Izu-nii?" Kacchan whined as we put on our coats. I shrugged and turned away to pick up my bag, "It depends on what Aizawa says.". Kacchan huffed and pulled his coat on aggressively, muttering obscenities under his breath. I chuckled at Kacchan's attitude, it was like he was throwing a silent tantrum. "Look, your mum and Aizawa are coming over, we can ask them." I pointed over to the school entrance, the two adults were talking to one another and by the sombre look on Auntie Mitsuki' s face, Aizawa was breaking the news to her. Kacchan didn't seem to notice the tears which threatened to spill from his mother's eyes because he ran over and began to bug her about me visiting. "Mum. Mum. Hag! Can Izu-nii vis-" Kacchan whined before noticing the tears in Auntie Mitsuki' s eyes and the sad look on Aizawa's face.

"What's  going on?" He asked, his tone inquisitive. He looked up at Aizawa for answers, seeing as his mother was stood in shock, his eyes blazed with questions. His face was its usual hostile mask but I could see that fear was beginning to settle into his crimson orbs. Aizawa looked down at Kacchan with pity in his eyes, Kacchan flinched upon seeing Aizawa's pity. If I knew one thing about Kacchan it was that he hated pity, he thought that if somebody pitied you they thought you were weak. "Spit it out, old man! Why is the hag crying!" Kacchan spat venomously, the fear he was feeling made him rude. Well, he was rude to begin with. Kacchan never had the best social skills. But the look in his mother's eyes and frown on Aizawa's lips heightened his fear; he wanted answers. Aizawa let out a heavy sigh and knelt in front of Kacchan, placing a comforting hand upon his shoulder. "Izuku's mum, your Auntie Inko, was killed. I was just telling your mum about it." Aizawa didn't sugarcoat it. He was always blunt when it came to addressing things, whether they be trivial things, such as running out of milk, or more serious things, like the death of your mother figure who you haven't seen in 3 years. 

Kacchan stood motionless, like his mum, for what felt like an eternity. His face was a blank canvas and his eyes looked dead. When he finally snapped out of his shock, his head snapped up to me, "Why didn't you tell me, Deku." he whispered, his voice was raw with emotion and his eyes glistened with unshed tears. I didn't know what to say. What could I say? I had planned to tell him, but talking about the death of my mum was hard. "I-i-i'm sorry Kacchan, couldn't... I didn't..." I stuttered over my words, trying to explain to him. I couldn't get the right words out though. Aizawa took pity on me and calmly addressed Kacchan, "Izuku had to watch it happen, Bakugo. He only told me about it a few days ago and that's after me looking after him for a month. It takes time to adjust to such a big change in your life.". Kacchan hung his head in shame, he had let his emotions get the best of him. He had called me 'Deku' which we both knew had bad connotations. "Sorry, Izu-nii." he mumbled, looking up at me, I could see the regret written on every feature of his face. I nodded and opened my arms, offering him one of my hugs. When we were younger, Kacchan, my mum and Auntie Mitsuki had said my hugs were magical; they had the ability to cheer anybody up. Kacchan fell gratefully into my arms, squeezing me back as tears began to leak from his eyes.

After Auntie Mitsuki had come out of her shock and tearfully thanked Aizawa for breaking the news to her, Kacchan and I went our separate ways. Any ideas of asking our guardians to visit each others house forgotten. It was clear to me that the Bakugo family would need time to adjust to the sudden news. I knew that Auntie Mitsuki was holding on to hope that we would escape Hisashi together, and she would be able to see her best friend again. When Aizawa told her my mum was missing, she continued to hold onto that hope. She refused to accept the worst-case scenario. In reality, the worst-case scenario had come to life. The news must have shattered her world. "Come on problem child, Mic is visiting tonight," Aizawa mumbled, grabbing my hand and guiding me away from my primary school.

"SHOTA!" Mic's voice echoed through the house as he practically kicked down our front door. I saw Aizawa roll his eye's at his friend's dramatics, sometimes I honestly wondered how the two men managed to keep a good relationship. "I brought pizza!" Mic yelled as he entered the living room and placed the pizza atop the coffee table. "Really!?" I cheered excitedly. I remember when I was younger I had loved pizza, I hadn't had it in years. "Yep, it's plain cheese though. Mr Killjoy here is super picky with his toppings." Mic 'whispered' the latter part of the sentence to me, giving me a conspiring wink. I laughed at his theatrics, Mic never failed to put a smile on my face. Even though I couldn't call him by his name yet without a shiver of fear running down my spine, I still trusted him wholeheartedly. Aizawa grunted at Mic as he opened the pizza box and took a slice. The cheesy fragrance of the pizza filled the air. The smell invaded my nose and made my stomach rumble in desperation. "Better feed the beast!" Mic called from the kitchen as he got us all plates. I smiled and picked up a slice, I didn't wait even a second before I stuffed my face with the heavenly slice of food gold. As I chomped on my pizza, Aizawa gently smiled at me, a rare expression for the stoic man.

"Just sleep on the sofa you dumbass." Aizawa chastised Mic. You see, Mic had somehow managed to get drunk on a few beers which he had brought along with the pizza. According to Aizawa, Mic had always been a lightweight. I had been a bit worried when Mic had begun to drink the alcohol, when Hisashi drank, although it was rare, he got a bit violent. I was surprised when Mic just stumbled a bit and shamelessly 'flirted' with Aizawa. He winked at Aizawa as he was pushed down to lay on the sofa. "Oh, Shota. Y'know, Izu is right there, we can't do anything." Mic slurred as he attempted to wink at Aizawa but just ended up blinking in a confusing way. I giggled as I watched the scene unfold. Mic was laying on the sofa, clinging to Aizawa's cat t-shirt like a koala and trying desperately to pull him down to lay on the sofa with him. Aizawa sighed and turned to me, "Please head up to bed, Izu. I'll tuck you in after I deal with this idiot.", I nodded my head and scampered down the hallway towards my bedroom, listening to the sounds of a drunk Mic and disgruntled Aizawa as I went.

It took a while for Aizawa to come in and bid me goodnight. By the time he managed to make it into my room, my eyelids were drooping. "Sorry, Izuku, Mic is an idiot." He apologized as he perched on the edge of the bed; I nodded, my head felt heavy which made it look more like my head was just flopping about. "Night Izu." Aizawa whispered gruffly. "Night dad." I mumbled in return, not realizing what I had just said. I saw Aizawa pause in my doorway for a moment before he left the room, the back of his neck aflame.

 Thank you for reading chapter 8 of my Dadzawa book. I commented on one of my previous chapters about when I'd update but you probably didn't see that so I'll say here as well. I'm going to update on Saturdays, most likely in the afternoon here in England. In America (where a majority of my readers are) it will be in the morning. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are.