Chapter 46: Blossoming Romance

When we arrived at the dorms, Kacchan immediately scurried off to his room. Before he left, he pointed at Todoroki and mimed making out with someone. I felt my face heat up, I was so grateful that Todoroki's back was facing Kacchan, otherwise, the situation would have been 10x more embarrassing.  "Izuku, is your face ok?" Todoroki asked in concern, placing the back of his hand on my forehead. This action only caused my face to heat up even more. "Y-yeah, I'm fine! Just... It's hot in here! I'm going to go to my room, see you at dinner!" I yelled in a panic. I ran away from Todoroki, I didn't realise that he looked extremely disappointed. 

It took a while for me to calm down in my room. I worked diligently on my song to distract me from thinking about Todoroki. I knew that if I thought about him for even a second, I wouldn't be able to get my mind off of him. I strummed at my guitar strings, finding the perfect melody for my song. I wrote the bass, guitar and drum parts and was satisfied with the end results when there was a firm knock on my door. Knowing it could only be one in a limited pool of people, I called for the person to let themself in. My door slowly opened to reveal my Dad and Papa, peering in at me. My small smile widened upon seeing my parents. "Dad. Papa. What brings you to my room?" I asked as I set my guitar down and focused all of my attention on them.

My parents stepped into my room and lingered awkwardly in the entryway. They looked really out of place and nervous for some reason. "Is something wrong?" I immediately became concerned when not even Papa was saying anything. It was very rare that Papa didn't have something to say. "No! Nothing is wrong!" Papa assured me, quickly putting my concern to rest. "Well, you know that I proposed. We just wanted to make sure you were ok with it. We understand if your sceptical, you've only known about us being together for a few months and-" I cut Papa's ramblings off by pulling him into a hug. "You don't need to be worried, Papa, I'm really happy for you. I can't wait until you're married!" I assured Hizashi. Arms wrapped around my torso as my Papa returned my hug. We were hugging for a while before Papa yanked Dad into the hug as well. It was nice, just standing in a huddle hugging but it had to come to an end at some point. "We really should be getting back to school. I have to check on everyone's internships." Dad whispered so he didn't disturb the comfortable atmosphere. I nodded and we slowly peeled ourselves apart. It was rare that Dad showed physical affection to such a degree. I didn't mind that he wasn't a very physical person, I got enough hugs from Papa and my Aunties to get by. Since his physical signs of affection were rare, I had learnt to cherish every single one, no matter the situation. "We'll see you later for dinner, Problem Child." Dad smiled down at me as he ruffled my hair. I returned his smile and watched as they left my room.

Kacchan had called me down to help him prepare dinner, however, he seemingly forgot how much of a disaster I was in the kitchen. I spilt the sauce, forgot to peel the carrots before chopping them and nearly cut off my finger. I was good at handling knives in combat but I was mortifyingly bad when it came to cooking. In the end, Kacchan had banished me from the kitchen by shouting curses at me and telling me never to set foot in his kitchen again. I had sulked away to watch TV. I didn't see the point in going all the way upstairs to have to go back down later. Whilst I was watching a cartoon, Todoroki walked in and flopped onto the sofa beside me. I had to consciously stop my self from blushing at how close we were. "Hello, Todoroki." I greeted him quietly. "Please, call me Shoto. If I call you Izuku it only seems right." Shoto replied monotonously, however, I heard a hint of compassion in his voice. "Ok." I replied simply, not even attempting to hide the redness of my cheeks. We sat in silence until we were called to dinner by Kacchan. It wasn't awkward. If anything it was comfortable, yet there were a lot of unspoken words which lingered in the air.

"This is delicious Katsuki! Did Mitsuki teach you how to cook?" Papa asked Kacchan as he shovelled food into his mouth. I could see Dad itching to scold him for having terrible table manners, but I don't think he wanted to embarrass him in front of Shoto. "Yeah, the old hag taught me as a kid. Wouldn't stop yammering on about how I need to be able to cook as an adult." Kacchan answered, shovelling food into his mouth with the same amount of vigour as Papa. If Kyoka were there she would have scolded Kacchan about his manners and more than likely given Papa a dirty look. She never directly scolded Papa for his appalling manners when she came to our house to eat, but you could see it in her eyes. "So, Izuku, how long have you been living with Aizawa Sensei?" Shoto asked, Dad was preoccupied with trying to get Papa and Kacchan to eat properly. "Dad adopted me when I was 7. He saved me from a bad situation." I answered. Shoto nodded in understanding before striking up a conversation about lessons and hero work. Dinner was delicious and I was sure to compliment Kacchan on his cooking before he stormed upstairs. Papa and Dad bid me goodnight before disappearing into Dad's room, leaving just me and Shoto stood in the kitchen.