Chapter 7: A Talk About Mum PT 2

This upload is early because I just watched the new MHA film and absolutely loved it. I neglected to revise for a test I have tomorrow for it and don't regret it one bit. Honestly, the film was amazing. Without further ado, chapter 7.  

"My dad locked my Mum and me in the house when I was 4. I had just developed my quirk. My dad has always hit my mum and me, but, he just suddenly decided that... I don't know his reasoning. All I know is that we were forbidden to go outside and if we did we'd face catastrophic consequences. Once, near the beginning my mum tried to leave, just to go out into the garden, but Hisashi caught her. He dragged me to my room and locked the door. Then my mum started screaming and begging Hisashi to stop, I don't know what was happening but it happened a couple of times since I was 4." I began my story, I stared at my hands. Normally tears would be welling up in my eyes by this point, but at that moment I was emotionless. Aizawa sat beside me and listened intently, his full attention was on me.

"Once a week a stranger always came to our house. It normally wasn't the same person but I've seen some of them twice. When they came, they'd have dinner with us, it was the only day when I was allowed to eat dinner. Normally, I got a piece of fruit and that was it. My mum tried to sneak me some food, but when she got caught my dad beat her within an inch of her life." I paused, remembering the time when my mum was unconscious for a week. She'd been in a coma. The experience had scared me and I was reluctant when my mum continued to leave me random bits of food. But I was always so ravenous that my hunger overcame me.

"The day I ran away, a white-haired man came to dinner and discussed picking something up from Hisashi. He scared me a lot. I didn't like the way he looked at me or my mum, he looked like he wanted to eat us and not the food on his plate. Hisashi and him got into an argument about the package and I was told to go to my room. I went to sleep but was woken up by my mum and Hisashi arguing," I paused again as the memories of the night I ran away loomed over me. I paused for a few minutes, Aizawa waited patiently for me to continue, never once did he attempt to rush me in any way. He simply sat there, hands clasped in his lap and waited for me to be ready. 

"So...My mum was shouting at my dad, a lot, she was screaming about what Hisashi was doing. Saying it wasn't safe and what if I got caught up in it. My mum never yelled at anyone, especially my dad, she was too scared to fight back to his face. I snuck downstairs and saw them frozen in the kitchen, I think they were both shocked. Then Hisashi shouted at my mum, he called her loads of bad names and started hitting her like he usually did when we did something wrong. I wanted to stop him but my mum saw me and told me not to move. I don't think Hisashi realized I was there. He just kept hitting her, over and over and over. He used his quirk as well. Then he stopped, called her a bad name and walked off. After that, I ran over to my mummy and tried to wake her up. She was bleeding a lot and I wanted to help her. B-b-but.." I dissolved into tears, retelling the story of the night had brought back the memories in vivid detail. The metallic smell of the blood. The horrific sight of the blood-stained tiles. The eery silence which had only been punctuated by my gasp of horror and sobs as I realised "She was dead." the words fell from my lip as I became hysteric. 

My mum was dead. I would never see her again, I didn't even know where her body was. The police had checked the house after Hiashi was arrested for child abuse and nothing about my mum was mentioned, I didn't know where the bastard had put her. For all I knew, she could have been eaten by wild animals or if she hadn't been devoured she would be losing her teeth and nails as she slowly decomposed. Tears, which I had promised myself I would hold back, fell down my cheeks in steady waterfalls. Distantly, I felt arms encircle me, they felt loving and fatherly. I hugged whoever it was back, squeezing them with all of my strength. As tears continued to stream from my eyes, I felt my consciousness fading as I fell into a deep trauma-induced sleep.

*Aizawa's POV*

I was going to kill that son of a bitch. Not only did he abuse Izuku, but also his own wife, and he didn't stop there, he killed the poor woman. Even until the end, that woman protected her son from her monstrous husband who did all sorts of unspeakable things to her. He beat her, murdered her, imprisoned her in her own house and- from the sounds of it- raped her. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on that bastard and wring his neck. I stopped plotting a certain person's murder when I heard tiny snores coming from Izu. His face was troubled and his fists were clenched as he dreamt, I was about to wake him up when his frown disappeared and was instead replaced with a content smile. Whilst I had no clue what the kid was dreaming about, by the look of things, everything was fine. For now at least. 

The next morning, after I had dropped Izuku off at school, I stormed into the police station and marched up to the front desk. " Where is the lead detective investigating Hisashi Midoriya?" I snapped, not meaning to be so rude. The frightened-looking receptionist pointed a shaky finger down the hall, I nodded my head in thanks and stormed down the hall.

The door crashed into the wall as I practically kicked open the door to Detective  Tsukauchi's office. I was rather confused as to how such a young person had already achieved the rank of detective but it wasn't the time for such questions. "Ah Eraserhead," Tsukauchi said in a confused tone of voice "how can I help you?". I sat in the chair opposite him with an unnecessary amount of force and stared at him unnervingly.

After a few minutes of Tsukauchi's gaze shifting around the entire room, trying to avoid my eyes, I finally decided to grant to poor man some mercy. "I know what happened to Inko Midoriya." I declared bluntly. Tsukauchi's gaze immediately snapped towards me, his eyes widened. "Inko Midoriya? As in Hisashi Midoriya's wife?" He asked cautiously. I nodded my head. I felt all the anger which had built up inside of me disperse and instead be replaced with deep-set sadness. "She's dead." I mumbled bluntly, "Murdered by her husband." I looked down at my lap, if I was capable of crying I don't doubt I would. "How do you know she was murdered?" Tsukauchi asked as he began to scribble down notes in his notebook. "Her son, Izuku told me. He witnessed the entire thing. He said it started when..." I began to retell what Izuku had told me. All I could hope for as Tsukauchi thanked me for telling him and bid me farewell was that Inko would be found and poor little Izuku could receive some relief.

Thank you for reading Chapter 7 of my Dadzawa book. I know practically every recent chapter has had something along the lines of 'OMG so and so amount of reads I can't believe it' and I'm going to do it again. 1k reads on a book with 6 parts (that's when it hit 1k) is unbelievable to me. And I'm genuinely so thankful to every single person who has read this book, also to all of those people who added it to their reading lists. I may sound like a broken record but this means a lot to me so thank you. Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are.