Chapter 36: Round 3

UPDATE ALERT! Yes, I'm updating. This means I'll be updating 4 times this week. Why? I don't know. I'm not bored, I just want to. On with the story!

*Katsuki's POV*

My next fight was against that bird-brained idiot, Tokoyami. His quirk was damn near invincible and pissed me off. I wasn't going to let him beat me. I listened to the crowd's boos of contempt as I emerged from the tunnel and made my way onto the stage. I didn't give a fuck about what they thought about me. They were just throwing hissy fits because I had the guts to actually fight a girl without immediately jumping to the conclusion she was too weak to handle me. Tch. Bastards. When Birdbrain came out of his tunnel the crowd's attitude changed. One second they were hissing at me like feral fucking cats and the next they were singing that emo bitches praises. Although, I couldn't really comment on being emo. 

"Fighting for a place in the finals, both from class 1A, we have Katsuki Bakugo and Fumikage Tokoyami!" Hizashi bellowed. I felt sorry for Shota who had been sitting next to the loud-mouthed cockatoo since the sports festival started. "Both of these young men have very powerful quirks! Who will come out on top?!" Hizashi continued to scream. I wished he would just shut up so that I could fight. I looked over at Midnight and saw her raising her whip, the sign she was about to initiate the fight, I crouched down and rubbed my hands together to generate sweat. I prepared myself to launch forward and attack the pesky bird before me. "Begin!".

I launched myself forward with my explosions. When I was close enough to make it count, I blasted the bitch with a huge explosion. I landed on my feet and watched as the smoke cleared to show that the bird-headed bitch hadn't even been hit. His stupid quirk had protected him. "That's so fucking annoying!" I hissed under my breath. I launched forward again, I didn't want to give him time to attack me, my best strategy was to keep him on the defensive. If he managed to attack me it would be hard to get back in the game. However, despite all my offensive moves, Tokoyami still managed to break through and attack. 

I was winding up for another explosion when that shitty shadow of his barreled at me. It headbutted me in the stomach sending me sprawling backwards. The crowd laughed at me and cheered as Dark Shadow tried to pick me and take me to the out of bounds line. I wasn't going to let some shitty extra take me out. I was going to fucking kill the crowd as well, who the fuck did they think they were laughing at me? Fueled by my growing anger, I broke free of the stupid shadow and sent it flying back to Tokoyami with a huge explosion which shook the ground slightly. Tokoyami mumbled something but I couldn't hear him. Not that I wanted to. I wanted to prove to the crowd that I was strong. I wasn't weak. I was going to win! I fought with renewed vigour to prove that I wasn't useless. I was just as strong as everyone else in my class. I wasn't weak! I could feel tears pricking in my eyes, but I forced them back, only weak people cried. And I wasn't weak!

As I got closer, I noticed that Dark Shadow was getting smaller and seemingly timider. I smirked as I realised that the bird bitch wasn't so invincible after all. I got in close and blasted Birdbrain backwards. He landed on his feet and was about to send a weakened Dark Shadow at me, but I stopped him with my stun grenade. The arena was blindingly bright due to the light-emitting from my palms. Whilst Tokoyami was stunned I knocked him down and held his beak to stop him from moving. "So you knew?" he asked, I could hear a hint of bitterness in his voice. "Wasn't hard to figure out." I smirked at him. I held my hand above him threateningly, little explosions popping in my hand. I stared down at him, challenging him to try to resist any further. I told him with my smirk and the look of victory in my eyes that if he tried to fight back, I would blow his ass out of the ring. "I... give...up" he growled. I smirked at him as I stood up and began to walk out of the ring. The crowd's cheers weren't very enthusiastic. I could tell that they hadn't wanted me to win, but I didn't give a fuck about what they wanted. I was going to win. No matter who my next fight was against.