Chapter 29: Build Up

I know dorms aren't implemented until after the training camp canon but it's my story so...

In the weeks leading up to the sports festival, I trained my quirk as much as I could, surpassing my limits and improving at a rapid pace. I managed to get a grip on the newest part of my quirk but if I lost concentration things usually went haywire. The problem with the development of my quirk was that it was hard to use, whenever I overused it my entire body shook with exhaustion and my bones felt like they were going to snap, it was an intense pain I'd never felt before. Nobody but my dad Kacchan and Nezu knew about my quirk developing, I thought it was a good strategy to keep it under wraps until the sports festival. Even though I had told Kacchan about the development, I didn't tell him to what extent it had developed. Because of this, I trained my quirk independently from Kacchan and Kyoka, we still did exercise and body training together though. 

When Dad came back home the day he showed up at school, it's safe to say that I chastised him very thoroughly for not following the doctor's advice and staying in bed. I ranted and raved about how his health was important and how he needed to take it easy. He finally relented and allowed me to look after him, though the fact that I was bawling my eyes out about how worried I was probably swayed his decision. 

Even though everybody in my class was training relentlessly so that they could give their best performance, school still continued on. Ectoplasm still gave us equations which had some people in class scratching their heads in confusion whilst others understood perfectly. Papa still enthusiastically asked us about English grammar and had us introduce ourselves over and over again. All Might still supervised our hero lessons, making everybody in the class question his ability to teach. I would never doubt his heroic abilities, but his teaching capabilities were sub-par at best. On the note of hero lessons, one hero lesson had me shaking slightly. Nothing particularly scary happened in the actual lesson, but something did happen when I was changing.

 I had been shrugging my school shirt off when I heard a gasp from behind me. I froze slightly, thinking I knew exactly what was about to happen. "Oh my gosh! Midoriya! What happened to your back! Are those burn marks? That looks like a stab scar!" Kaminari just wouldn't shut his mouth. I loved him as a friend but he just didn't know how to read a room. "Dunce head! Shut the fuck up! Don't talk about them!" Kacchan shouted at Kaminari before he gently soothed me. It wasn't common for Kacchan to be so gentle but he was the only one who could help me. "Look, just don't bring up his scars, yeah? There are bad memories attached to them." Kacchan scowled at the rest of the boys in the changing room, who had all stopped and watched as I stared blankly at the wall, trying to suppress my anxiety. Slowly people went back to their business, leaving both Kacchan and me alone. When I faced the rest of my class after I had finally managed to get changed, I was embarrassed to look at them. I hated my scars and I couldn't believe that it had slipped my mind to face my back to the wall whilst changing. I was worried that everyone would start treating me differently, but that didn't happen. Kaminari apologised after class and I forgave him. That was the end of that incident. I don't think any of the boys mentioned it to the girls either which comforted me and made me trust them more. 

I still ate lunch with my expanding group of friends every day. Kyoka commented that she expected our entire class to be eating together by halfway through the year, and I was inclined to believe her with the rate that we had to keep adding on extra tables. I was friends (with varying degrees of friendship) with every student in my homeroom class and even a few in other classes, yet there was one student who just refused to be befriended. Shoto Todoroki.

 No matter what I did to gain his favour and friendship, he just brushed me off like I was a nuisance. He didn't speak to anybody in our class aside from Yaomomo. Yaomomo told us that she had known him since they were children, which explained why he actually spoke to her, and yet he had never opened up. Their relationship was oddly formal and was born from a pure necessity for some company. Yaomomo confided in me that she wished they could be closer friends but Todoroki always pushed people away. Hearing this, I only became more determined to make the solitary boy my friend, but it would have to wait until after the sports festival.

*Shota's POV*

"So now that we have discussed security for the sports festival lets move onto the next subject." Nezu's high pitched voice resounded around the silent meeting room. I looked down at my sheet of paper which detailed the contents of the meeting and saw that the next subject was a discussion about dorms. "As you can see from the meeting layout, our next subject of business is the introduction of dorm buildings. Since that attack on the USJ, the higher-ups have been having a fit about the student's safety. I agree that we need to keep all of our students safe and hopefully, the introduction of dorm buildings will prevent them from being in danger. Now, any questions?" Nezu looked around the U shaped table, his beady black eyes scanning all of our faces. "Yes, how will the dorms be organised?" Vlad asked. Nezu nodded his head and answered "I intend to organise them by homeroom classes. Interior design such as gender separation will be organised later.". Everybody nodded their heads slowly before Hizashi raised his hand to ask a question, "When will students be moved into the dorms?". "Straight after the sports festival." Nezu answered briefly. With that question, we moved onto the next thing on the list.

"Good afternoon class." I grunted as I walked through the door of my class. I expected to see all of my students sitting in their seats as they usually would be, but I was instead greeting by a crying Yaoyorozu, fuming Katsuki and Izuku, cursing Kyoka and a shocked class. It took me a second to notice that Mineta was laid on the floor, knocked out. "What happened here?!" I fumed, causing the class's heads to swivel towards me. They all stared at me in shock until Kyoka stepped forward.

*Kyoka's POV (five minutes before)*

Momo and I had just finished lunch and had decided to head back to the classroom since afternoon classes would be starting soon. When we entered the classroom, the majority of the class was already present. We waved in greeting to several people as we walked to Momo's seat and continued our conversation. "That's intriguing. So you've written your own songs? Please let me listen to some of them. Izuku talks about your music with such high regard." Momo said amicably. I blushed ever so slightly and was about to answer when Momo shrieked in horror.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! GET OFF OF ME!" Momo shrieked, gaining the entire class' attention. Everyone was a bit confused as to what was going on until we saw Mineta clinging to Momo's leg, his head up he skirt. I didn't hesitate in kicking the revolting excuse of a human being in his delicate area and pulling a sobbing Momo behind me. "What the fuck do you think you're doing!" I yell angrily as I stick my earphone jack into the side of his head and send my heartbeat pulsing through his head. He convulsed violently on the floor and passed out. I was about to do it again when I felt arms encircle me. "Please calm down, Jiro. He's down. He's not getting back up." Mina murmured softly in my ear, but that didn't stop me from thrashing around and trying to get out of her grasp. "What happened here?!".

Aizawa stood in the doorway, an angry aura radiating off of him. Seeing as everybody else seemed to be frozen, I decided to step forward. "Mineta sexually assaulted Momo.", my words were simple, but they converted the severity of the situation. Shota looked at all of the other students for confirmation. Every person nodded their heads and mumbled something about it being true. Shota sighed. "Momo, please go to Recovery Girl's office, Mina you go with her. When you pass the staff room please ask Midnight to accompany you. Iida, please take Mineta to Principal Nezu's office and wait for me there. Jiro, follow me to the office. Everybody, you are free to do what you want within the classroom." Shota gave out instructions at a rapid rate before he turned and left the room with me close on his tail. 

Long story short, Mineta was expelled from UA. 

This chapter is very short, so sorry about that. I know I said I'd make Mineta's expulsion satisfying but that wasn't written well. Sorry. Mineta aside, I now have 100 followers! I would like to thank all 100 people who are following me for making it possible for me to have 100 followers as well as thanking every person who reads, comments and votes for this book. I never thought that my story would ever get so many reads and votes. It's mind-blowing for me so thank you! I'm not sure, but I feel as if there's gonna be between 50 and 60 chapters to this book. Anyway, I would like to thank every single one of you for reading my book and I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!