First Shooting Day

I walk onto set after a couple weeks of rehearsal for most of the scenes. Today is an easy one. Just two scenes. The scenes with Clara who's playing my roommate and classmate. And one with the three of us and extras. If all goes well, it should get done. I am more than prepared. I have my wardrobe one for the first scene. The classroom scene. I also have my make up with me for other scenes, as I prefer to do it myself. It saves money so James doesn't have to pay a make up person. I see Clara in a room near by applying her make up and I go and say Hi. "Good Morning."

She greets me with a lovely part smile as she's doing her lipstick. "Morning, lovely. I see you're prepared." She notices that I'm made up for the seen. Powder, light blush, lip stick, light eye liner. Nothing to bold yet. I nod. "I just didn't want to make them wait anymore than they have to." I say hanging up my wardrobe on the hook on the door.

She smiles after she finishes her lip stick and puts the tub away. "Want to run lines?"

"Sure." I say taking a sit nearby.

She sits down close to me. "Hi. Is this Intro to acting?"

I look at her curiously like I would in the scene if we were shooting. "No this is Intro to Film Making."

"Okay well. Not harm in staying right?"

"Sure. It's not my class.

"What?"

"I mean I'm not teaching it. I can't tell you to leave or not, even though I think you should."

"Why?"

"Because you don't belong in this class. You wanted to go into the theatre class, but are here instead."

"You're right. It's my mistake. What's your name?"

"Moira. You?"

"Jane. Nice to meet you Moira. I think we're going to be good friends."I smile and we go and do the lines that happen with James in the classroom. We take turns pretending to be James. We also run our lines for our scenes. 

Soon a PA comes and gets us. "Penelope, Clara. You're both wanted on set." We walk in the classroom and I take my seat and Clara is told to get back outside the room.

"Let's do a rehearsal take." James says as everything is set up. I open up my notebook that was placed at the seat I'm sitting at. I just start writing something. Something to do as I'm one of the first students there. I secretly write about Kevin the assistant director. Whom I haven't seem or heard from in a couple days. We are still seeing each other, but we both have been working. Me dog walking and prepping more for this movie. Him the same.