Takeaway and chill

Moments before James was set to come over again, I was baking up a storm. He was bringing dinner; I could provide dessert. I never usually bake as I like to keep things tight for auditions, but this was another special night for us. More time for each other and to maybe figure out what we both want.

I couldn't decide between cookies or cupcakes, so I decided to bake both. Whatever James doesn't want, I could just send them to my Mum. I hope he likes them. I hope this night goes well. I hope he sleeps over again. The night he slept over was bliss. Him holding me was one of the best feelings of my life. Reminding me of what I was missing and what we could've had. He knew I wasn't happy, and he made me happy by being there.

The timer goes off and I take the cupcakes out. One batch is Vanilla, and one is Chocolate. Basic flavors of cupcakes, but I like to keep it simple. Know James is slightly more of a chocolate lad, but I can only have Vanilla, being allergic to chocolate and everything. Maybe James, might want some Vanilla; you never know. Yeah, I know its code for boring, but I'm not boring as you know.

I take them out of the oven and put them on the counter to cool. Then I place the dough for shortbread cookies onto a baking pan. Shape them, divide them and put them in the oven. I wash my hands to get the cookie dough off my hands when I hear the buzz from my apartment door. I walk over after I dry off my hands and press the intercom after taking off my apron "Who is it?"

"It's James." He answers back.

"Come on up." I buzz open the door, I check my hair, giving it a quick comb through it. I put on some lipstick and open up the door for him after he knocks. "Hello James." I say in my sexy voice.

"Hello, Pene." He leans in for a kiss and closes the door. "Something smells good."

"I baked up some cupcakes and shortbread cookies should be out soon."

"Cupcakes and shortbread cookies?" He looks at me curious with his eyebrow raised.

"Well, I wasn't sure what you wanted, plus I thought that the shortbread would feel homey to you."

"You are sweet." He kisses me once again. "I think the shortbread cookies go better with the Chinese takeaway, don't you?"

I nod. "Of course." I say waving my hand gesturing him over to the living room. He opens up the Chinese and puts it on the plates I set out. Shrimp fried rice for him. Eggplant tofu for me with brown rice. I pick out On the Waterfront. A very old movie with Ela Kazan starring Marlon Brando. He's very charming and sexy in it. Not like James. Although they are both sexy in their own ways. I find it weird that I have the hots for a died old actor, but what can you do? I never expected to feel for my acting teacher.