Is This The Real Life?

I wake up the next morning wrapped up in James's arms. A smile creeps on my face. I can feel the sun shining threw the curtains. If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up. Ever! Why would I need to? I have the man I missed. Just let me be here for a little while. In my dreams, I like most people wake up before the best part. I've never had a sex dream. I always seem to wake up before the guy kisses me. Even when I had one about James. He'd kiss me and I'd have to wake up and get ready for an audition or to walk someone's loudmouth jack Russel tarred.

But this wasn't a dream. I really was in a hotel cabin with James McAvoy. The man that I connected with a couple years ago over acting. The man that fancied me back. The man that based his female lead character partly on me. The man who makes me feel special. The man who tired to make it work when his ex-wife came in on us. I ran out of him and it's the worst thing I ever did. I could've had two years of bliss with him. I might be engaged to him. I could've gotten to know his son. Maybe there's time for that.

Maybe this time, we'll have a chance. I just have to breath and let myself be loved. If he feels that way about me. I have to remind myself that he isn't JAMES MCAVOY the actor, the living god. He is a human being just like me. He treats me like the lady he thinks I am. Maybe that is who I am.

James wakes up just then. He yawns as he moves away closer to the edge of the bed as to not hurt me when he scratches out his muscular arms. He then turns on his side and faces me and smiles. "Morning beautiful." He places his hand on mine.

I lay down closer to him matching his eye level. "Morning Handsome. How'd you sleep?"

"Good. Better than I ever have in my life."

"Yeah?" I asked him.

"Yup. You, too, I hope."

"Of course. It's like a dream come true."

"Same here." He rubs his fingertips up and down my arm. "Would you like to get some coffee and breakfast?"

"Mm... not quite. I want to lay here for a bit and maybe work up an appetite?" I smirk.

He smirks back and kisses me and afterwards we get cleaned up in the shower and walk downstairs to check out in the outfit we wore last night and get into James's car. "So, where do you want to eat at?" He asks as he starts up the car and backs out of the space.

I turn to him, "Mimi's Café?" I offer. Feeling like just resting and taking the day with him.