A Second Chance for a first date.

We arrive at the restaurant. A place called Octopus in Glendale. James got out and put his keys in his pocket. He slowly jugs to my side of the car and opens my door. We go in and a host lead us to our table a private booth in the back away from everyone. Just the way I want it. I slide in to give room for James. The host hands us our menus and lights a candle and leaves. I check out the menu wondering what I can eat. There is veggie. sushi and apps. Everything looks good. I wish that I ate fish, but it doesn't feel right. I already know what I want. I look at James who's looking at the menu. He looks up to me. "Hey." He says with a smile.

"Hey." I say back meeting his smile.

"I hope there's enough for you here."

"Oh, I think I'll be fine tonight."

He smiles as he takes my hand in his. I missed this. I'm looking into his eyes, taking him in once again. His face, his eyes, his light smile, the way his hand is feeling in mine. I have a feeling that this will be a good night. The waiter comes by, notepad in hand, "Hello. How are we this evening?"

"Good." James and I say together.

The waiter laughs. "Can I start you both off with drinks?"

"Yes." James says, "We'd like to split a bottle of the Oyster Bay, Sauvignon Blanc?" He looks to me to see if it's ok. I nod my head, delighted that he remembers my favorite wine. "And we'll start off with some Edamame and Mussels in the half shell." The waiter wrote it down and walked away.

James turned back to me. "I hope that was okay. I remembered you liked Edamame."

I smiled to him, "It's perfect." I say as I lace my fingers with him. "Good call with the private booth, by the way."

He moved in closer, "Anything for you. I really missed you."

"I missed you more." I inform him.

"I don't think that's possible." He contradicts me.

"Oh, yeah?" I say teasingly challenging him.

"You didn't write a movie about it."