Catching Up With Clara

"So how you been?" Asks Clara as she sits next to me on the bench at the dog park. I told her I had to dog sit and I was going to the park. She wanted to know if I wanted some company. I said yes, thinking I can talk to people and do my job. Plus, I missed Clara.

"I've been good. I've auditioned for this Superhero show. Fingers crossed I do well at the call back." I smile and hold up my fingers. Clara does in solidarity. I love this woman.

"And how's things with your mum back home?"

I look at her, as I know it's a step away from asking about my personal life. "Good. I hope I can save enough to go home and see her."

"Can't she come and see you?"

"She says she's busy with work, but we'll see who gets out to see who first."

We both turn our heads as we hear barking. We see Murphy, Lucky and Mona all happy playing with each other and other dogs. Boy, did I get lucky to get three of the cutest loveable retrievers to watch. Makes me want to get a dog myself. "What about you, Clara? What's going on with you?"

She turns her attention back to me. Her brown eyes filled with concern and worry. "Well... I've auditioned for things just like you. No call backs yet. And..." Her mind trails off. I study her to try and get her back to reality. "Clara, are you ok?"

She looks back to me, letting out a breath, "I have to tell you something..."

I grow wary, I hope she didn't get that superhero part over me. I mean, I'd be happy for her if she did, but sad. Or it could be... "I saw Kevin recently. "She says interrupting my thought.

"And?" I say, hoping she's not saying what I think she's saying.

"I saw him at a bar here in Silverlake and we talked about the fact that you two broke up."

"Did he tell you why."

She shook her head. "No, he didn't. But he and I got to talking and we're now kind of seeing each other. I mean... we've only been out a couple times, and I wanted to know if it was ok if I keep seeing him?"

My skin prickles when she tells me that. It's weird but it seems like things aren't going like they were with him and I. I can tell that they may not have even slept together. "Of course, it's ok. He and I weren't together that long anyway and we're that serious. It's fine."