Come on over

It's a James chapter, yall!

I get a text later on in the evening while reading this new Book: "I Hope You Get This Message." Kevin had a production meeting for a commercial, so I was alone in my apartment for the rest of the day. I didn't feel like watching a TV show or movie or going out to get a drink, so I read with a cup of Mint tea near by.

I pick up my phone and see it's from James. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the film. I hope it's not reshoots or that were not filming the rest of the movie. I open it up and it says. "Are you busy now?" I look at the text confused. I hope he's not looking to shoot. I don't have to do that till tomorrow. It's still my day off. But it would be unprofessional to ignore him.

"No, I'm not. What's going on?"

"Can we meet somewhere?" He asks in his text back to me.

"How about you come over to my place?" I put my phone down, not believing that I just texted him that. Is it a good idea? Is he going to be ok with it?

He texts me back after a few min and says. "Just text me back your address."I give him my address and continue reading my book. 20 minutes later he texts me that he is here. I put on a jacket and boots and go to meet him downstairs at the gate. I open it for him. "Good evening." I say to him.

"Good evening." He greets me back. I wave him to follow me up to my apartment and we walk up together and I close the door behind us.

"Would you like some tea?" I offer him, as I take off my jacket.

"I would love some." He says taking off his and puts it on the coat rack I have for guests nearby. I nod and put my coat in my closet in my room as while as my boots. I go back into the kitchen and put on the kattle.

"What kind would you like?" I ask him as I take a cup out of the cabinet and look threw my teas.

"Oh, I'll have some of that mint tea your having. It smells nice."

"Just like you do." I say to myself. "Coming right up." I put the mint tea leaves in the strainer on my tea pot and wait for the water in the kettle. Once it does, I wait for it to steep. I take them out and close the lid and join James over in the living room on the couch where my cup is. He's looking at the book jacket of the book I'm reading. "So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask pouring him his cup of tea.

He takes the tea and thanks me. "Well, I just wanted to make sure that you are Okay about yesterday."